FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and Photoshop files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Banatoni
Avid and Photoshop files
on Nov 14, 2011 at 1:32:35 am

I primarily edit in Premiere, but am brushing up on my Avid skills. Photoshop is a HUGE part of my workflow and the way it interacts with Premiere is great. I'm trying to get the same results in Avid.

When I import a PSD to Avid, put it on a timeline, then update the PSD in Photoshop, how do I get the change to take effect in Avid? With Premiere, any time I make a change in Photoshop and hit save, it is automatically updated. Is it possible to get real-time interaction between Avid and Photoshop or do I need to re-import my PSD every time I make a change?

Also, is there a way to have a multi-layer PSD only require one video track in Avid?

Thanks,
JB

Return to posts index

Glen Montgomery
Re: Avid and Photoshop files
on Nov 14, 2011 at 2:22:36 am

You will not be able to get real time dynamic link like updates of changed files. But you can use batch import to update that file with the changes you have made in photoshop once you save.

Editor / Motion Graphics Artist, Denver CO
http://coldpost.tv/

Return to posts index

Jon Bagge
Re: Avid and Photoshop files
on Nov 16, 2011 at 1:15:58 pm

When I import a PSD to Avid, put it on a timeline, then update the PSD in Photoshop, how do I get the change to take effect in Avid? With Premiere, any time I make a change in Photoshop and hit save, it is automatically updated. Is it possible to get real-time interaction between Avid and Photoshop or do I need to re-import my PSD every time I make a change?

As mentioned you use Batch Import on the clip. This will update any sequences the clip appears in.

Also, is there a way to have a multi-layer PSD only require one video track in Avid?

Yes you can use the collapse/step-in funcion in MC. If you select multiple clips on different tracks you can click the 'collapse' button. That will turn it into a single clip with the sub effect on top. (a triangle) You can step into this effect and see the original tracks.

--------------
http://www.jonbagge.net
Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]