FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fighting with IO Express and MC 5.51

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Flint
Fighting with IO Express and MC 5.51
on Nov 12, 2011 at 4:00:13 pm

Hi, We've been using MC 5.5 with Mojo SDI as our main editing station for ages. Now I have to switch to HD, got IO Express a week ago. Installed latest AJA drivers and Machina.
Launched MC, got the Avid Media Composer XENA IoExpress in the foot of my window - wow it worked I thought - is that just that easy. But then I got to do some tests and started to worry.

Few problems I've stumbled upon:

- when I press play on a timeline with sound I get a 1 sec of the sequence played then it stops with an error

Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

but when I play it for the 2nd time it works ok but from time to time ( way to often in order to work with a director behind your back ) I get diferent error msg

Exception: Legend Audio Communication error, Hardware Underrun

Another thing is deck capture and output. I got Sony HDCAM deck connected but somehow I cannot make it work withing AVID. I've checked the connections. They are ok, I am able to capture, preview and control deck with AJA Machina software.

So now the status is terrible since I cannot ingest, output at all, and playback is giving me errors as well. I got few days to make it work or else I'm back to old SDI Mojo.

Maybe I should deinstall MojoSDI drivers first ?

Sonn there will be MC6 but untill I make that purchase - spring 2012 earliest I need to make this thing work

Any suggestions ?

Info on my rig

HP Z800 8 Gigs of RAM
Windows 7 64bit SP1
MC 5.5.1

thanks in advance

Flint

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Fighting with IO Express and MC 5.51
on Nov 12, 2011 at 8:18:58 pm

I'd first try an upgrade to 5.5.3.1, the latest version of 5.5.

Return to posts index

Brad Warren
on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:47:35 pm

Having the same problem.

Same system same specks.

I don't have an avid service account. If the update works let me know and i may have to invest in one.

Thx
Brad

Return to posts index

Paul Flint
on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:19:21 pm

I did an update to version you suggested, nothing changed. I've managed to figure out a way for remote deck control so I can ingest and output. I had to use RS input on Z800 not on IO Express in order to make it work.

Still got that audio issue that I cant rid off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]