FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title tool repositioning

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Ryan
Title tool repositioning
on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:46:59 pm

We don't use the title tool in Avid much anymore for time stamp on our promo deliveries but a client is asking, as part of their delivery, for the ability to do their date and time promo endpages in the Avid instead of in AfterEffects or Photoshop. They are complicated time stamps with multiple titles and date and times. They also have to be very carefully kerned and positioned with multiple type faces.

In our tests whenever we do the positioning and kerning in the title tool it looks great. As soon as we save the title and it's displayed in the timeline the kerning shifts and the positioning changes. So now we have to try to anticipate the kerning changes and the positioning changes before we save it.

I know the Avid's title tool has always been a little wanky doing this but it seems worse now then in earlier versions. I've tried it on multiple Avids with the same result.

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Doug
vp of post
Stun Creative

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Title tool repositioning
on Nov 11, 2011 at 5:33:55 pm

I've always seen Title Tool as a good scratch pad for text. The guides, positioning, video background, it's all a crap shoot. If you want repeatable precision, look elsewhere. (which you already know...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]