FORUMS: list search recent posts

serial deck control

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua schwarz
serial deck control
on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:04:08 pm

sorry, i know this forum has gone over the rs-422 issues with media composer before but i am still confused after reading the previous posts and avid's tech note.

i'm running mc5 on a macpro. i just purchased the tripplite/keyspan usa-19h usb->db9 convertor. i have connected it to my patchbay and hvr-1500 using the appropriate cables. i loaded the 2.5 driver. the avid sees the convertor just fine but i can't configure the deck.

the avid technote says i need an addenda rosetta stone adapter in addition to the usa-19h adapter. i think bob zelin's post indicates that i don't need it, if i am on a mac. addenda's website isn't very helpful. it appears that the rosetta stone is a series of products. not sure which one, if any, i need. is is it the rs2/3r or the rs2/4? or is it something else?

you help is appreciated! - josh

joshua schwarz, producer/editor | post josh productions

Return to posts index

joshua schwarz
Re: serial deck control
on Nov 9, 2011 at 6:29:47 pm

i found another post by zelin:
"You need the Keyspan (tripplite) USA-19x USB to RS232 adaptor, and then an additional Addenda RS-2/8 RS232 to RS422 adaptor for reliable VTR control."
before i spend $100 on this, can anyone confirm that this is what i need? thx, josh

joshua schwarz, producer/editor | post josh productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]