FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Sync Issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Sprague
Audio Sync Issues
on Nov 6, 2011 at 4:58:38 pm

Something has happened just recently that's killing me and I don't know how to fix it. Whenever I create a h.264 .mp4 the audio is out of sync. I've done this hundreds of times in the past with no problems, but something has changed.

It doesn't matter if I use Sorenson 6.5 or Adobe Media Encoder. I've tried exporting QT reference movies and self contained movies from Avid. I've checked the sample rate and frame rates. It seems to happen at any frame size and bit rate. I can export h.264 from Avid, but that's so much slower.

I forgot to mention, I'm on MC 5.0.3 (i7, 64 bit windows 7, 12gb ram, fx3800) l'll be upgrading to 5.5 this week so I can get to 6 when it comes out so maybe that will help. if anybody knows of any "gotchas" that I missed, I'd appreciate it.

BaldyMntPost_pos.jpg

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Audio Sync Issues
on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:48:43 am

Is the audio out of sync in QuickTime? What if you make a different file format? I just am curious if it's out of sync just for h.264 or for everything?

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]