FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Clips, and how to find them

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Hurlock
AMA Clips, and how to find them
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:26:04 pm

I've been using AMA for a little while now, and while I like the immediate access to clips, the export on the other side is killer. Is there a way that Avis will tell you what clips in your sequence are AMA?
For example, a job I'm working on now we did the line cut via AMA, then transcoded it. Later we added broll from clips that were still in AMA. I wish Avid had a way to say, here are the AMA clips in your timeline without me having to visually look at each clip and find them.

Brent

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: AMA Clips, and how to find them
on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:44:59 pm

If you're on a Unity, and you keep all the AMA clips on one specific workspace, you could open the sequence with the workspace unmounted, and turn your timeline clip color to show offline clips.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:50:09 pm

Maybe not what you want, but you could put the sequence in a bin on its own and then change the bin options to show reference clips. The AMA clips will be yellow.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:07:34 pm

On the timeline, in the fast/hamburger menu, there's a choice that says 'clip text'. Activate the choice called "Source Media." Every AMA clip should now have the text in your timeline called AMA.

You can also run a sequence report where it then shows you a list of shots that are AMA.

Last, you can dump the sequence in it's own bin, choose Bin Display, and show reference clips; by adding the Column for format, you should be able to quickly sift/sort the AMA clips.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Brent Hurlock
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:18:12 pm

Thanks all... I appreciate the ideas..

Brent Hurlock
President, EditVision

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]