FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital audio - mixer requesting all isos

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Katona
Digital audio - mixer requesting all isos
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:24:04 am

I'm working on a large party scene that had three separate audio crews with several mics/tracks each, which all got grouped with the multicam footage. While cutting this scene, the editor only cut in the mics that (he thought) were necessary for whatever dialogue is happening.

My offsite audio online mixer is requesting an OMF of every mic/track, which amounts to almost 30 tracks. This is going to take way too much of my time to do, I'm not sure he knows what he's asking. I'm not familiar with pro tools, (sorry if this should have been posted in there instead) but has anyone had this issue or have a quick way to appease a mixer who is asking for every possible mic? Can a person working in pro tools somehow utilize groups made in avid? That would sure be swell.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Digital audio - mixer requesting all isos
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:05:14 am

You can't lay 30 tracks in MC, so that's not a solution. If you export an AAF to Pro Tools, you can add missing tracks in there.

I prefer to export without consolidating, and non-embedded. Just supply the sound editors with all Avid audio media and a 'Linked' AAF.

After opening the AAF into a PT session, they may optionally add all the original BWAV files from the sound recording crews into the Region list of the Pro Tools session. If the PT editor righ-clicks on a region, (s)he may choose to open up "Matching Field Recorder Channels". This will display all correlated audio from both the Avid mediafiles and from the original BWAVs. They can then choose to expand the matching channels onto new or existing tracks.

Return to posts index

Ryan Katona
Re: Digital audio - mixer requesting all isos
on Nov 5, 2011 at 1:02:05 am

Thanks for your help, we're running this all by the mixer to see what he thinks. Hopefully it'll save a huge amount of time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]