FORUMS: list search recent posts

remove effect

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Haynie
remove effect
on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:14:41 pm

In a Media Composer Sequence,

Is there a way to remove all effects between a "mark in" and "mark out" point on selected tracks?

I specifically want to remove all dissolves on 4 audio tracks within a 30 minute timeline.

please chime in with suggestions.

Return to posts index

Ra-ey Saleh
Re: remove effect
on Mar 19, 2009 at 10:18:50 pm

This is really a two-part answer:

To Remove Effects on a certain area, you can't Mark In and Out, you have to enter Segment Mode and do it. Easiest way is to ALT + "lasso" (left to right) over the area you want to remove effects from which automatically puts you in Segment Mode and selects those clips), and hit the Remove effect button (note: this will only Remove the top most layer of effects, so if you have nested effects, you may well need to do this a number of times to be safe).

Now, to remove Dissolves is a little trickier.
Weirdly, you have to be in Effects Mode. Select a Transition, then "lasso" (left to right) over the area BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU START LASSOING ABOVE THE TIMELINE, NOT ON IT. This selects all the transitions for tracks selected. And hit the Remove effect button.

Return to posts index

Hugh Haynie
on Mar 20, 2009 at 3:07:53 pm

Ra-ey Saleh,

I need to do remove effects for 6 audio tracks, so i expect this to work out. i will try it later today.

thank you!

-Hugh

Return to posts index

David Braswell
on Mar 20, 2009 at 10:28:34 pm

You probably figured this out, but it's actually right to left lasso. Great tip Ra-ey!

Return to posts index

ra-ey Saleh
on Mar 21, 2009 at 2:24:03 am

Ha, it's actually both ways (a very versatile lasso!).
And, a pleasure.

Return to posts index

Hugh Haynie
on Apr 13, 2009 at 8:01:27 pm

I found that the lasso removal method Ra-Ey mentioned works only for video, not for audio which is what i want.

i've been dealing with the long way of removing effects one at a time, in a 30min timeline.. is there a way to do this for audio?

Return to posts index

David Braswell
on Apr 14, 2009 at 1:06:26 pm

I tested this again and it does work for me. Again, the highlights:

1-You must be in effects mode before you lasso.

2-Starting outside the timeline, drag from right to left. Every audio transition should be highlighted and then you can use the remove effect button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]