FORUMS: list search recent posts

Support Women and Minorities in Production and Post - Tuesday NAB Meetup

COW Forums : NAB Show

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kylee Peña
Support Women and Minorities in Production and Post - Tuesday NAB Meetup
on Mar 25, 2014 at 1:44:34 am

Join us for an inaugural meet up at NAB 2014! Expanded Focus is a casual gathering for professionals from all sides of production and post who want to encourage and expand the presence and voices of women and minorities in our industry. Everyone is welcome.

Expanded Focus: Women and Minorities in Production and Post Meet-up @NAB
Register via Eventbrite (which isn't required but it's nice for us)
Tuesday, April 8th
South Lower Hall Arcade – SL15809
5PM – 6PM

I’ve talked about the lack of women on the NAB Show floor, and I’ll be talking about it again this year. But I’d like to help do something about it too. We want to make new connections, share mid-show stories and work to encourage new voices behind the camera and in the edit suite. We especially want to encourage the next generation of diverse filmmakers and production talent.

Did you know:

"In 2012, women comprised 18% of all directors, executive producers, producers, writers, cinematographers, and editors working on the top 250 domestic grossing films. This represents an increase of 2 percentage points from 2010 and an increase of 1 percentage point from 1998."(source: wmm.com)

In 2013 the Directors Guild of America showed that hiring of minority directors stayed virtually stagnant over three years. "The report showed that Caucasian males directed 72% of all episodes; Caucasian females directed 12% of all episodes; minority males directed 14% of all episodes and minority females directed 2% of all episodes." (source: dga.org)

Let's talk about that.

This event is hosted by me and Megan McGough, post supervisor for PBS Frontline. Come by and show your support for a more diverse and exciting production industry!

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
Re: Support Women and Minorities in Production and Post - Tuesday NAB Meetup
on Mar 25, 2014 at 9:59:58 pm
Last Edited By Ralph Hajik on Mar 25, 2014 at 10:01:40 pm

Hi Kylee,

I just received some information I'm passing along to you and your post.

https://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_web_version.cfm?recipient_id=15295...

Happy Travels
Ralph Hajik
http://www.RJTravelMedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]