FORUMS: list search recent posts

in retrospect - NAB2013, now almost September 2013

COW Forums : NAB Show

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Bob Zelin
in retrospect - NAB2013, now almost September 2013
on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10:11 pm

Well, after all the hoopla of NAB13, I was thinking about what I saw, and what really made a difference.

1) Blackmagic Design for continued innovative and incredibly inexpensive products - products that I am installing and using on a regular basis.

2) ATTO Technology and Sonnet Technology - this should have been obvious, but both companies for their innovations with Thunderbolt based products, and the thunderbolt market dramatically increases in 2013. I expect to see both companies (and plenty of others) with lots of Thunderbolt 2 based products in 2014

3) LTO - specifically from Cache-A, Tolis Group and Imagine Products. LTO, more than asset management is something that everyone is waking up to, now that we are living in a world that is practically videotape free. While still not widespread, the interest in LTO is (in my opinion) just beginning.

And that's it. After all the wonderful, cool, amazing products at NAB, it is now my opinion that these few companies have made the most impact in post production, from 2013.

Bob Zelin
ps - and yea, Adobe too.

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]