FORUMS: list search recent posts

Training Sessions

COW Forums : NAB Show

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cessna Steven
Training Sessions
on Mar 15, 2007 at 9:25:24 pm

Can anyone speak to the quality of training offered at the PostProduction World Conference at NAB?

I work in in a video production team comprised of three editors working with Final Cut Pro suites. "Editors" is a dubious term, because we're one-man bands really. To various degrees, we all write, plan, shoot, edit, and distribute our own projects. We're all trial-by-fire self-taught, with an average of six years experience. In the last three years, as we have migrated from outdated Avid systems to FCP, our toolset has expanded greatly (all the resources of FCS, Adobe AE, Boris). Our ability to keep caught up by self-teaching, however, has diminished greatly, and there are no good local sources for training.

Soooo...considering the diversity of training NAB seems to offer (from all aspects of production through post-production) in one location at one reasonable rate, it would seem like a good deal for us. But, before I talk my company into spending the money it will take to get us there, I want to know if it really IS as good as it looks. Thoughts?

And, if not...what suggestions might anyone have?

Thanks,

Steven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]