FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple NAB Event?

COW Forums : NAB Show

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Torv Carlsen
Apple NAB Event?
on Apr 7, 2006 at 8:47:06 pm

Does anyone have any word on Apple's anual NAB get together which for the past few years has taken place on Sunday at 11? I haven't heard a peep from Apple yet.

Return to posts index

Ideaspring
Re: Apple NAB Event?
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:22:24 pm

I have been wondering the same thing. However, I heard that there will be no event this year from my VAR. So I am hoping that they are wrong, as I took at 7am flight to get to Vegas for that. We still have a few weeks though.

Jared
Idea Spring Editing, Inc.
Denver Final Cut Pro UG

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
on Apr 7, 2006 at 11:07:50 pm

Unfortunately there will not be a Sunday Apple event this year. That is official. The only game in town for Apple's Pro-Apps will be the FCPUG SuperMeet, Wednesday NIght at the Rio Hotel

FCP product designer Brian Meaney and FCS product manager Paul Saconne will be there along with others from the FCS team to show and tell and take your feedback.

http://www.lafcpug.org/nab_2006.html

Michael Horton
lafcpug
http://www.lafcpug.org

Return to posts index

Torv Carlsen
on Apr 7, 2006 at 11:31:06 pm

Well that completely blows!!! That's like my favorite event and I even booked an earlier flight to get there on time. What gives, Apple?

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
on Apr 8, 2006 at 6:06:17 pm

You'll just have to make it to our event Torv. Getting to LV early on a Sunday means you can now do a little sight seeing and relax before the big happenings of the week.

Michael Horton
lafcpug

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 10, 2006 at 8:07:12 am

So instead of a well-planned, well designed, great FREE event with excellent food and free drinks - you can go Wed. and PAY to see the latest from Apple. Last years FCP meeting was the worst event I've ever been to - terrible food, a/v problems out the wazoo, terrible food - a rehashing of the better run Promax event the night before.

Of course the raffle is great fun but only for those that can spend a $100 or more on raffle tickets (last year one guy one at least 3 prizes) - for everyone else it's a night of overcooked jalepeno poppers and sore butts. I think the event would be more fun if there was a limit to the tickets one could buy. At least this year the location has been upgraded and the raffle prize list is impressive.

Lance Bachelder
Southern California
Cow Forum Host- Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
on Apr 11, 2006 at 7:48:33 pm

The reason we are leaving Stardust to go to the Rio is because of all the problems we had last year with AV etc. Yes, it was quite bad and was unfortunately beyond our control. I'm not making an excuse here, but you didn't see what happened back stage. It wasn't pretty. So we vowed never to go back and we wont. They are tearing the place down anyway and good riddance to it.

This year we are spending, thanks to our generous sponsors, 3 times as much money as years past to enhance the audio and visual experience. No guarantees that all will work but we are trying our best. We've hired a professional AV team to make sure all works well thus bypassing the Hotels AV dept.

As far as food goes, it is Hotel food. What can I say. If we had another 10K to spend on food it would just be MORE Hotel food, not better.

This year much of the show will be given over to User Show and Tells with demos by AJA, JVC, and Blackmagic Design in between. Theme of the show will be "What are you doing with Final Cut Studio" and we hope to answer that question.

I can't guarantee you will have a better time this year Lance as it sounds like you've made up your mind about us. All of us who work on this show just do the best we can to make sure all goes smooth. Not much more we can do than that.

And yes we are limiting raffle ticket sales this year due to the enormity of the prize list.

Michael Horton
lafcpug

Return to posts index

Kevin Hedin
on Apr 12, 2006 at 12:23:41 am

[Michael Horton] "This year much of the show will be given over to User Show and Tells with demos by AJA, JVC, and Blackmagic Design in between. Theme of the show will be "What are you doing with Final Cut Studio" and we hope to answer that question."

Is this something your going to ask the audience at some point? or do you already have a list of users for the show and tell?

I have a few things, FCP tips and tricks wise, that would be beneficial to all, but I'm not sure that is in your agenda.

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
on Apr 12, 2006 at 3:59:29 am

We asked for submissions a few weeks ago. Deadline was yesterday unfortunately. Those we select will be announced in a couple days.

Michael Horton
lafcpug

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Thanks Michael!
on Apr 12, 2006 at 10:01:02 pm

Appreciate the good news - I've gone every year since Mandalay Bay and always had a great time - last being the exception - I'm sure it will be a fun event at the new location this year!

Sorry for the harsh words - just bummed there was no Apple event.

Lance Bachelder
Southern California
Cow Forum Host- Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Apr 28, 2006 at 6:22:05 pm

[Michael Horton] "
The reason we are leaving Stardust to go to the Rio is because of all the problems we had last year with AV etc. Yes, it was quite bad and was unfortunately beyond our control. I'm not making an excuse here, but you didn't see what happened back stage. It wasn't pretty."

Something tells me this AV company would be synonymous with "More" or "Again" even though almost all of us who have ever worked with them consider once to be more than enough... Unfortunately in Vegas, it's difficult to get away from them.

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
on Apr 11, 2006 at 11:41:43 pm

And I should add, this event is not an Apple sponsored event so if anything goes wrong it is our fault, not Apples.

Michael Horton
lafcpug

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Apr 12, 2006 at 2:01:50 am

Yes, but for all that goes right -- which is a lot -- you also to get to take all the bows, Michael.

Best,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]