FORUMS: list search recent posts

NABbing

COW Forums : NAB Show

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leandro  Krukowski
NABbing
on Apr 5, 2005 at 8:06:51 pm

From what I hear NAB is the place to be this April. This will be my first time, from hearing about the hype and the amount of people going its going, it's going to be crazy (awesome).

I have been talking around and people have said to wait to purchase anything until I get to NAB. Do developers discount software / equipment? Also, We got invited to some after parties, Does Creative cow have one? Any suggestions where to go or who to meet up with.

Hope to see you guys at NAB
Lee

Return to posts index

Ray Palmer
Re: NABbing
on Apr 6, 2005 at 3:28:10 pm

[Leandro Krukowski] "We got invited to some after parties, Does Creative cow have one? Any suggestions where to go or who to meet up with. "

You tell us your parties and I will tell you ours.

Tuesday after NAB, Promax Digital Cafe at the Stardust,
Wednesday after NAB, Final Cut Pro Users Group meeting, Stardust.
Both events are information intensive with food, refreshments and door prizes.

Ray

Ray Palmer, Engineer
Salt River Project
Phoenix, AZ
602-236-8224 office
There are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Apr 6, 2005 at 3:56:52 pm

[Leandro Krukowski] "We got invited to some after parties, Does Creative cow have one?"

No, there will be no Cow party at NAB. We looked at all the days available and there were just too many other poarties and events and so we figured we'd just say hello to everyone as they came by the booth at SL-457.

Be sure and watch your newsletter for details on getting your free Creative Cow mousepad at NAB.

Barend Onneweer and Serge Hamad from our AE forum with be at the booth, as will Alan Bell from our Combustion forum and there will be others was well but in my pre-caffeinated state this morning, my cranial synapses are not firing yet.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Leandro  Krukowski
on Apr 6, 2005 at 4:56:27 pm

Sounds like its going to be a great time. I will make sure to stop by the Creative Cow booth.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Apr 6, 2005 at 5:47:45 pm

Leandro,

NAB can be an overwhelming experience for the new. Make a list of what you MUST see, go there first otherwise you may never get to see it.

There is a list on the NAB2005 website of the exhibitors and the booths they will be in that will help you out. Make a road map to save time otherwise you may find yourself wandering the vast isles of eye candy and booth betty mahiem.

Hopefully you are spending more than one day.

Take it easy,
Ramona

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Apr 6, 2005 at 9:19:51 pm

[Leandro Krukowski] "This will be my first time, from hearing about the hype and the amount of people going its going, it's going to be crazy (awesome). "

Definitely follow what Ramona says in the post above.

But, I'd like to add my advice to that!
  • SHOES:Make sure you have comfortable shoes. Can't stress that enough.
  • literature:Don't pick up every bit of literature. You'll end up with a bag of stuff that you won't want to carry with you.
  • Card Swiping:Be careful who you give your card to for swiping. You'll end up with junk mail for years. We're still getting junk mail from the time we took our son with us years ago.
  • WATER:Keep in mind the weather change from where you live. Everything is air conditioned which is very dehydrating. Drink lots of water. Take bottled water with you if you're driving. You can buy bottled water in town or in the Food Court.
  • Did I say, wear comfortable shoes????
  • FOOD:Don't wait until you're hungry before going to the food court. The line will be too long at that point. In fact, you may want to avoid the food court altogether by taking snacks with you in your bag. Have a good breakfast before going to the Expo, and then snack on things like energy bars, or fruit and nuts -- not the salted kind -- they kind you can buy at health food stores.
  • BREATH MINTS:Keep in mind that you'll be very close to some people when you're watching demos or talking to vendors. Take breath mints with you, or even a small tooth brush.
  • WATERLESS HAND CLEANER: Lot's of room for germs at a show like this. You'll be shaking a lot of hands. Take the precaution of using some of that waterless hand cleaner or wash your hands often.
  • PACE YOURSELF:If the only exercise you get is pushing your chair away from the edit station, you may not realize that you can easily walk several miles each day during NAB.
    BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER: Don't fall for those signs that say "All you can eat for $4.95" The food usually isn't very good. One of the best buffets we've found is the Flamingo Hotel Buffet. Reasonable price and very good food.

If you go with a plan, you'll be able to see what you want and have some fun too.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

Ray Palmer
on Apr 7, 2005 at 6:33:29 pm

I would also like to add that you consider taking a pocket voice recorder similar to a Lanier or RadioShack unit.
I have been doing this for many years and it really helps when the vendors give you a contact name and telephone number, you can have them talk directly into the recorder. Believe me when I tell you that your head will be swimming with model numbers and rumors. The voice recorder helps to keep it all together.
I also found this to be great when it comes to expense reports. How much was the Taxi and how much I spent for lunch and where.
A small digital camera also helps.
Later, Ray

Ray Palmer, Engineer
Salt River Project
Phoenix, AZ
602-236-8224 office
There are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

Return to posts index

Leandro  Krukowski
on Apr 8, 2005 at 12:23:09 pm

Great information on NAB, I started to download and print the floor plans from http://www.nabshow.com. One word comes to mind "overwhelming". Does NAB offer discounts on software, We are planning to purchase Aliaswavfront MAYA.

Thanks,
Lee

Return to posts index

Ray Palmer
on Apr 8, 2005 at 3:30:51 pm

It all depends on the vendor but yes I have been able to get deals on software and hardware on the NAB floor. I have seen up to 15% off of some hardware and deals on software packages.

Ray Palmer, Engineer
Salt River Project
Phoenix, AZ
602-236-8224 office

Return to posts index

Jeremey @ Digital Innovations
on Apr 12, 2005 at 9:52:30 pm

GAWD I wanna go to NAB this year!

Sorry, I just had to vent.

Jeremey @ digital innovations

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]