FORUMS: list search recent posts

Material Names

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony M R Lewis
Material Names
on Jun 18, 2015 at 11:17:16 am

To the team at Zaxwerks,

I'm thoroughly enjoying Invigorator Pro and 3D Flag for After Effects - brilliant products: I'm discovering more powerful features and uses all the time!

One thing that would make the experience more productive and streamlined: if there was a way I could see the names of materials at a glance - either by having them written under the swatches in the set-up window or visible via pop-up tooltips when I mouseover the swatches.

At the moment, I believe the only way to view the name of a material is to load it into the material editor. To be able to rapidly see the names of materials would greatly enhance the speedy 'drag and drop' process and would provide an even faster workflow. Would this be a possibility in a future update?

The rest is PERFECT!

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
Re: Material Names
on Jul 8, 2015 at 10:14:05 pm

Hi Anthony,

Great to hear you're loving the programs. We already have in Invigorator exactly what you're looking for:

You can turn on tooltips by going into the Invigorator/Flag setup window and selecting Help>Preferences...
Then find the "Show Tooltips" checkbox and make sure it's checked.
Then when you restart the program tooltips will come up when you hove your mouse over a material swatch.

Right now we don't have tooltips in 3D Flag, but it will be in the next version.

Cheers,
Alex Dow
Zaxwerks

Return to posts index

Anthony M R Lewis
on Aug 19, 2015 at 7:30:43 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid this isn't working for me. Those tooltips don't appear even after following the steps you outlined. I have the latest version of Invigorator running on Adobe CC 2015 on Windows 8.1.
It's easy to spot the materials by the look of them and of course, loading them into the material editor will give me the name easily enough; but if I could make those tooltips happen it would be even faster.
That's very exciting that the feature will be included in 3D Flag - I can't wait for the recently announced upgrade!

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
on Sep 24, 2015 at 7:25:44 pm

Hi Anthony,

I'm super sorry about that. It turns out tool tips for materials don't work on Windows computers. We're looking into a solution, but right now they don't appear.

The other unfortunate part is that when 3D Flag v4 is released it will also only have tool tips for materials on Mac computers.

For now, the best way to look at the names of a material is to double click it in the material bin to load it into the material editor and look at the name there.

Cheers,
Alex Dow
Tech Support | Zaxwerks
alex (at) zaxwerks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]