FORUMS: list search recent posts

Greek characters

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Roswell
Greek characters
on Nov 15, 2014 at 5:55:26 pm

High everyone!

I am a absolute newcomer in this forum! Hope I will do it well.
Have a question: I use 3D ivigorator in photoshop cc and I want to ask, if I can use greek characters in this prog.
I have tried it(with close all fonts, which are installed on the machine), but I just get hieroglyphics when it rendering the 3d text.
Have someone a clue for this problem?

Greetings Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Roswell
Re: Greek characters
on Nov 16, 2014 at 12:47:38 pm

No one there for an answer? Or am I wrong here?

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:29:40 pm

Hi Mike.

Are you using a Greek font? Or are you trying to type Greek characters from a non-Greek font?

Can you tell us which font you're using? And are you on the Mac or Windows?

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mike Roswell
on Nov 18, 2014 at 1:41:18 pm

Thanks Matt for your reply.
I am using a Windows PC with Win7(64) Ultimate. English Platform with changing Keyboardlayout for Greek.
When I am in Photoshop CC, I open a Textlayer converted into a smart object. I open invigorator and will write the text, with changed Keyboardlayout. The font which I try to use is simple Arial or Garamond or Gabriola (all those gives the right letters in greek in other programs, e.g Word or in a simple Texteditor, but the strange is, that invigorator just offers me the latin-letters and when I press Ok I just have hieroglyphics. But the more strange is, if I write the letters into the characters map and copy and paste it into the text panel of invigorator then the plugin recognized the greek chracters and this quite too from a word docu etc. Anyway I can live with that.

Nevertheless, many thanks
Mike

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:02:43 pm

Hi Mike,

You may be running into an issue where the printer font is having problems. Since you are having problems, it may be better to go into Illustrator or Photoshop and type out the font. If you are working in Illustrator, you will need to use the "Create Outlines" command to convert the text to outlines. Then, export the Illustrator file from Illustrator or Photoshop and use the "Import Illustrator File" command in Invigorator to import the text you are having problems with. When you import the vector paths into Invigorator, you should have no issues.

Hope this helps. If you are still having problems, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Mike Roswell
on Nov 18, 2014 at 1:43:50 pm

Thanks Edward for your reply and for the tip!!

Best regards, Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]