FORUMS: list search recent posts

SSD list that runs Pro 8 stand-alone

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Freeman
SSD list that runs Pro 8 stand-alone
on Nov 2, 2014 at 10:01:11 pm

There are many ssd's on the market. I'm using a OWC ssd for my Mac OS and apps (which seem to run fine)... but the pro 8 stand-alone app will not install and run on it.

****Is there a list of qualifying SSD's that pro 8 will run on?******* CRUCIAL, SAMSUNG, ANGELBIRD, VECTOR, SANSDISK........
If not please include one in the install section.
or if anyone has had ssd success, please report.

Does the AE plug-in Pro8 version run fine on a SSD?

Is this a TRIM enabled issue?

What gives?

I'm asking because I'd like to install a SSD in my laptop with Pro8 without needing pro8 on an external mechanical drive or to run.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: SSD list that runs Pro 8 stand-alone
on Nov 4, 2014 at 7:17:55 pm

Hi Aaron,

Currently, most of the issues have been coming from Crucial and OWC Solid State Drives. ProAnimator does run without any problems if you are using the After Effects Plug-in, so since you have the After Effects Plug-in, you can install the plug-in version.

As of right now, we haven't figured out what exactly is causing the compatibility issue yet, but as soon as we have more information or a fix available, we will be sure to let you know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Aaron Freeman
Re: SSD list that runs Pro 8 stand-alone
on Nov 7, 2014 at 3:51:23 pm

Awesome, thanks.

One added note:

Seems like a SSD by Angelbird is the best way to go for Mac as it supports TRIM (TRIM: Mac's data deletion protection to keep SSDs from wearing out and bogging down.)
http://www.angelbird.com/en/conf/ssd-wrk-for-mac-929/

The most popular SSD (Samsung) does not support Mac's TRIM... and most other SSD's you have to use terminal to activate Trim which isn't all to safe.
I have myself enabled TRIM on a CRUCIAL and OWC SSD using code in Terminal that can be found online. But this didn't
affect Pro8's ability to operate on them unfortunately.

OWC has it's own deletion firmware but you can use TRIM along side with it as added SSD wear an tear protection.

I hope you guys can figure the issue out and please test Angelbird SSDs for us Mac users that don't have Mac OEM TRIM enabled SSDs.

Plus; Anyone having luck with a NON MAC OEM SSD and Pro8 please post what you are using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]