FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting SD to HD via proanimator plugin in AE CS4

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
Converting SD to HD via proanimator plugin in AE CS4
on Sep 1, 2014 at 9:00:51 pm

A few years ago I was able to create a rudimentary planet earth with text going around it with AE CS4 and Zax Proanimator 4.5. It was made in SD and now I need it in HD. I have been out of editing for 5 years and never really got into AE. Anyway, there was a tutorial on how to do this. I can't find that tutorial and can't remember now to start this from scratch. Via a Zaxwerks post I was told to make my solid setting - using the button "make comp size" which is shrinks the earth and text, when I go into the solid modification dialogue box. But I can't do it on the "mask" layer. I tried to manually change the comp size, but now I have a 720 comp with the "earth and text" clipped.

I remember this being such a simple exercise to make this. If we can't solve the problem with my current project, can anyone here make a guess on how to map the solid in the zaxwerks plugin in AE?

I remember creating a comp. I imported a .jpg of the earth (full image). I remember making a solid, then adding proanimator as an effect. Looking back at my old project, there is a mask, and somehow you had to map the earth picture to the sphere in the zax plugin. Is this simple enough to figure out. Can you give me steps.

Since I am using FCP3 and footage from and HVX-200 I set my comp size for HDX 1080/DVCPRO 720 (1.33). Am I correct here?

Here is a screen shot of my .aep session. The following .mov files is what I am trying to achieve in HD.

3D Earth in SD

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Converting SD to HD via proanimator plugin in AE CS4
on Sep 2, 2014 at 3:40:52 am

Hi Nelson,

I just responded to your other question regarding changing the ProAnimator layer to be the same size as the comp layer. You can find that here:

However if you still want to start from scratch, you are completely on the right track.

1. Create a solid(Same size as your comp)
2. Apply ProAnimator to that solid
3. Import your earth map into after effects, drag it into your comp and turn off the visibility
4. In the Effect Controls Window for ProAnimator change the layer map 1 to your earth map.
5. Open up the ProAnimator set-up window by clicking on the set-up window button(top of the ecw)
6. Create your sphere by going to Objects>Primitive>Sphere
7. In the material editor make sure you have a new material (Material Commands...>New Material)
8. In the color channel click the plus sign on the right side
9. Click on the menu that says "Color" and select "Layer Map 1"
10. Drag this material onto your sphere

And that's it. You now applied your material to your sphere and can animate it any way you want. Just click OK to close the set-up window and your scene will be rendered inside of After Effects.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Sep 2, 2014 at 3:32:40 pm

Thank you sir. That worked. AE locked up a few times, but I think things are working now. Now I am tweaking. :)

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:31:13 pm

Fantastic! If you have any other questions let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]