Wright flier model

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rich
Wright flier model
on Jun 18, 2014 at 4:49:01 pm

I have been away from using Invigorator pro for several years
https://vimeo.com/7294202

and I was wondering if I could use it to create a 3d model of a Wright flier so I could demonstrate how the control surfaces work ie the elevator, rudder and twisting of the biplane wings (wing warping).
If it can't be done with Invigorator and Illustrator, perhaps someone could suggest where such a model could be purchased.
Thanks in advance.
John Rich

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Wright flier model
on Jun 18, 2014 at 7:21:58 pm

Hi John,

Sure, it's possible to create elevators, rudder and warping the wing. It just also depends on how complex you need the body of the plane to be. We are able to create complex shapes with lathe tools and our bevel objects. All of the lighting fixtures provided in version 7 were created using a combination of vector objects and lathe objects. So you should be able to make most of the pieces using these tools.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jun 19, 2014 at 1:45:52 am

Edward,
Thanks for the reply. Is there a tutorial you can recommend to get me started?

I'm really rusty, so I'd probably have to relearn Illustrator again.

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 20, 2014 at 9:30:37 pm

Hi John,

I would recommend first taking a look at tutorials # 47, 48 and 49. These tutorials cover some of the basic techniques of the Object Drawing window, so it will help you understand how to use some of the tools to create the shapes that you need.

Also, one of our newest tutorials, #81 covers techniques on how to create your own custom bevels. Combined with working with lathe objects, these tools will allow you to create a lot of interesting shapes.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]