Animation preview + Rendering

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert McGowan
Animation preview + Rendering
on Apr 27, 2014 at 10:07:46 am

Hello

I have 2 questions - I'm using Pro An 7
When I do a preview animation in ProAnim I get a wire frame, not full (well proxy I'm guessing) playback
is there anyway to change this ?

Also when doing a final render for sending out final file.
Does it matter whether I use Classic 3D or Ray Traced in the AE options ?

thanks
bob

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Animation preview + Rendering
on Apr 28, 2014 at 6:24:50 pm

Hi Robert,

What you are seeing is the program switching between a full render to a wireframe render if the playback is below a certain FPS. By default, the program goes into wireframe if the playback is below 4 FPS. This happens so you can see how an animation plays back quickly. If you want to disable this feature, go into the ProAnimator Preferences and set the "Simple Drawing Below" to 0 FPS.

As for the Invigorator Renderer vs the Ray Trace renderer, this depends on what you need. The Ray Trace renderer generates the highest quality output, but is the slowest renderer and does not support wireframe rendering. For most cases, you should be able to use the Invigorator renderer, which is faster and still generate very high quality results.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Robert McGowan
on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:13:49 am

thanks for the feedback Edward

please tell me which video/graphic cards you are using, which works the best and has fastest rendering as I thinking about getting a CUDA based card.

thanks

robert

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 29, 2014 at 10:46:13 pm

Hi Robert,

No problem at all. I'm working on a testing computer so the card that I am using is a ATI Radeon HD 5750. You do not need the top of the line video card to for fast previews within the 3D Preview window. It is a combination of the CPU, the amount of memory, the hard drive speed and the video card that speeds up the computer.

Just to let you know, one of the computers that we are working on is using an average graphics card, but with the combination of using a Solid State Hard Drive and a good amount of RAM, the program ends up running pretty fast. With extensive projects, sometimes the wireframe rendering will still appear, but is not a big deal since you can still see the look of the animation while in wireframe mode.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]