FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting Photoshop files for Zaxwerks

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Giles
Converting Photoshop files for Zaxwerks
on Apr 4, 2014 at 12:53:34 am

This is probably a dumb question but it's driving me crazy!!!! I'm trying to take a logo in layers that is a photoshop file and make each layer a vector object so I can use them in Zax. I stumbled around and did it for one thing but have no idea how I did it. Does some kind soul out there know how and can tell me the steps in order to make the files usable in Zax?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brent Willett
Re: Converting Photoshop files for Zaxwerks
on Apr 4, 2014 at 5:38:17 am

Hi George.

No, it's not dumb question at all.

In Photoshop, you can make a selection of your layer, then go into the "Paths" panel and click the menu icon at the top right corner of the panel. Then select "Make Work Path..." You'll then get an option to change the tolerance. A lower number will make a more accurate path from the selection, but it also makes more anchor points.

Another slightly quicker option is: after you have your selection, you can click on the little icon at the bottom of the Paths panel that's a circle with anchor points and handles on it (I always think it looks like a girl with pig-tails). That will give you a path too, but it doesn't give you an option to change the tolerance, so using this button oftentimes makes the path not very accurate.

Once you have your path, you can select it with the Path Selection Tool, copy it, and paste it into Illustrator. Or you can go to File -->Export-->Paths to Illustrator.

Good luck, and happy Zaxwerks-ing!

Brent

Return to posts index

George Giles
on Apr 4, 2014 at 2:40:31 pm

THANK YOU! I had done all that but didn't select the path before exporting to Illustrator so when I imported it there was nothing there.
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Brent Willett
on Apr 4, 2014 at 2:44:13 pm

No problem.

I'm glad I could help.

Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]