FORUMS: list search recent posts

i think i'm doing something wrong can't see my work

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Thompson
i think i'm doing something wrong can't see my work
on Dec 14, 2013 at 8:46:35 pm

I run through the whole scene, and build the text, add the animation, apply material, set up lights, the works, but when i am done and hit 'ok' i get dropped back to the black solid layer I created in AE, and nothing I've done shows up.

I can save the file, even go back in and edit it more, but still nothing shows up.

Now, i have a demo version of the invigorator pro on this machine too. could that be the problem?

Return to posts index

Page Covington
Re: i think i'm doing something wrong can't see my work
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:05:27 pm

I seem to be having a similar issue. I am having a hard time getting Pro Animator 7 to work with After Effects CC. I get a black screen in the composition window after creating the scene in Pro Animator, I can get the scene to show up if I change the zoom on the comp window but if I try to render or generate a preview after effects crashes with "crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "ProAnimator". I wiped my workstation and upgraded to windows 8 and reinstalled AE and PA and still have the same issue.

Return to posts index

Jeff Thompson
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:36:25 pm

yeah i'm not sure what I'm going to do, but it's not working correctly for me at all, and I get frequent crashes from After Effects trying to use the pro animator.

At first the black screen was the issue, but if I hunted and hunted and hunted i finally got to see the comp right, but then i was dealing with frequent crashes. as in so often I started manually saving the work every minute or so.

it's unusable for me right now, which is a bummer but I don't know what else to do

Return to posts index

Page Covington
on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:18:21 pm

It seems like we are experiencing the same issues. I wonder if there is any correlation between what we are running that may give us hit as to the issue. When I started having problems I was running windows 7 64 bit pro on an i7-3770K with 16 gig of ram and an Nvidia Quadro 2000 with the most up to date drivers. Now I'm on windows 8 64 bit same set up.

Return to posts index

Jeff Thompson
on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:42:22 pm

hi there, we have similar but not the same. I can't afford those quadros. i have a GTX 770 superclocked. and I don't have as new a CPU as you. i have a 2600. i have 32gb of RAM, using vertex4 SSD drives in RAID0 for system, and a dedicated SSD for a scratch disk, and a SATA 3 RAID ARRAY for my storage drives.

we are running the same O/S on Windows 7, I did not try windows 8 as my motherboard was released around the same time as the new UEFI stuff was hitting, and it's not fully compatible. So installing windows 8 was a complete failure here. it ran but every application i ran crashed at some point. So i won't be using 8 until I January when i build a new machine. Actually i'll be building a render machine and a new workstation so a new system completely so I can render on a secondary unit.

Otherwise, I'm using AE CC as well. and it's up to daate, as are my Nvidia drivers, and have no problems crashing if I'm not implementing the zaxwerks.

Now, i will say. At first, I had the trial edition of invigorator pro installed when i loaded up the pro animator full version> I thought that might be a problem so i removed the trial. but the issues did not resolve.

I also researched my system logs and get no further information. though my crashes seem a little different. one saving grace is AE would pop up a window telling me it crashed, but did give me the opportunity to save my project before it released. However, i don't remember the actual error message on the crash. When i had the problem i was trying to transition and build an existing project out using the pro animator. When it became obvious i was not going to be able to do so, I uninstalled the proanimator and finished my work in AE and used element 3d instead.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:38:27 am

Hi Jeff and Page.

I believe there was an compatibility issue between our software and After Effects,
which caused a black screen after exiting the Set-Up window.

This bug has been fixed in the latest release (which may not be officially released yet).

Please email ed@zaxwerks.com for the most current version.
Let him know which OS you're using (Windows) and which product you're using.
I've let him know to expect your email.

Let us know if the latest version fixes your problem.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jeff Thompson
on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:44:54 am

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response. I have sent an email to Ed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]