FORUMS: list search recent posts

Font problem in Invigorator Pro V6

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Berry
Font problem in Invigorator Pro V6
on Aug 10, 2013 at 3:33:58 pm

When I click on "create 3D text" in Invigorator Pro (6.1.1) then select a font and type in a few letters, click on OK, I get the error message "One or more objects cannot be created because their characters are missing in the font file. Placeholder objects will be substituted."

This happens regardless of what font I am using.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Font problem in Invigorator Pro V6
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:37:51 pm

Hi Mike,

Is this happening with system fonts such as Arial, Times Roman, etc? If so, are you using any type of font manager program? If you are using a font manager program, you may be running into this issue because the location of your fonts are in a different location. If you do not have any problems using fonts such as Arial, you may be running into a problem where the font you downloaded has the display font but not the print font. This means, the font shows up, but does not contain the outlines. In this case, you would need to bring the font into Illustrator or Photoshop to get the outline, then save it as an Illustrator file. After saving the Illustrator file, you can import the file into Invigorator PRO.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Mike Berry
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:30:12 pm

Hi Edward,

Yes, this problem is happening with standard system fonts like Arial. I am not using any type of font manager either. It's rather strange because it was working until a couple of weeks ago. I recently did a complete format and reinstall of Windows 7 (Home Premium x64). In all other respects, Invigorator seems to be working fine.

Mike.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:17:12 pm

Hi Mike,

I wonder if the fonts may not have been installed properly. Are you able to see all the fonts in your Windows > Fonts folder? Also, when you re-installed Windows, did you install the same version of Windows 7, or was this an update from a different version of Windows?

Have you tried using these fonts in different programs such as Illustrator and see if they are working? Are you able to print a document using these fonts? Sorry for all these questions. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what may be causing the issue on your system.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Kolin James
on Jan 6, 2015 at 7:51:16 pm

I have been playing with the current demo and have the same problem. This has also stopped me from purchasing previous versions as well as I have found no answers and this is a pretty limiting issue.

I am demoing PE7, under AE CC2014, latest updates installed. My OS is Win8.1 and I am using a font management program, (MainType), but none of the fonts seem to work, including system fonts like Arial.

TIA

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02:15 pm

Hi Kolin,

Try downloading the latest version of the Invigorator PRO demo (version 8) and see if you are still having any problems. We have modified how we support fonts and it should work without any problems now.

If you are still having any problems with version 8, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]