FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any plans to support Motion 5 with any of your plugins?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Taylor
Any plans to support Motion 5 with any of your plugins?
on May 20, 2013 at 12:55:16 pm

Something your considering? Or not worth the trouble?

JT

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Any plans to support Motion 5 with any of your plugins?
on May 22, 2013 at 8:36:41 pm

Hi James,

Until Apple changes the direction of Motion 5 and FInal Cut X, we do not have any plans to release newer versions of our plug-ins. If you're interested, you may want to look into ProAnimator AE/Standalone. This works as a standalone application which you can render your animations out with an alpha channel, then import the animation into Motion/Final Cut Pro.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:54:05 pm

Can you be more specific? Is there some aspect of Motion 5 that makes it difficult or impossible to develop your plugins for it?

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Jun 18, 2013 at 5:41:05 pm

Edward,

That is unfortunate. I'm not a fan of Adobe's new "rent only" model. I'll stick with CS6 for awhile, but have no plans to purchase/upgrade plugins for AE. I will be using Motion 5 more, and was hoping to use some of your amazing plugins. Please let us know if you decide to support it.

JT

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 18, 2013 at 6:20:43 pm

Hi James,

It's actually the changes in Final Cut X that made us drop support for our plug-ins. If things change, we may end up releasing additional plug-ins, but we do not have any plans at the moment. We'll be sure to send out a notification if we release new versions of our FX plug-ins.

Thanks for your support, and hopefully you'll give ProAnimator 6 a try. Its got a lot of new features, and with ProAnimator 7 coming out, it'll be even more fun with the introduction of advanced lighting setups. Also, if you purchase ProAnimator 6 now, you'll get a free upgrade to ProAnimator 7.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:36:48 pm

Edward- does that you mean you don't like Motion 5/FCPX or that it has architectural changes under the hood that make it difficult/unattractive to update your plugins for it?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:54:04 pm

Hi James,

I'm not personally a developer so I can't comment on the architectural changes for Final Cut X. Also, it's not so much of our likes or dislikes of the new version that is preventing the new versions of the plug-in. It's more of a combination of re-writing our plug-in as well as the lower percentage of users who are using the FX plug-ins that is more of a factor in halting the production of the FX plug-ins. Unfortunately, we have a limited amount of development team each year, so we try to get our plug-ins and features out to the majority of our user base, and we just do not have much of a FX community anymore. Since the release of Final Cut X, things are slowly changing, so we may re-evaluate the state of our FX as it starts to pick up steam.

Thanks for your interest and support in our FX plug-ins!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:17:15 pm

Thanks for the info Edward.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]