FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vector Art is Inversed

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly Siders
Vector Art is Inversed
on May 14, 2013 at 9:08:29 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use a vector to import into proanimator. When I import the vector file, it is the inverse of what I want. So let's say my vector is a two word logo - the solid parts form a box and the letters are cutouts in that box instead of having filled letters. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
holly

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Vector Art is Inversed
on May 15, 2013 at 6:03:54 pm

Hi Holly,

In cases like this, what may be happening is that there may be multiple shapes in the same layer. When this happens, you will end up with one shape cutting out the other shape. To fix this, when importing the Illustrator file, use the setting "Dismantle Incoming Groups" and see if that helps with you are running into. Alternatively, you can go into Illustrator and be sure each shape is in its own layer.

Another possibility is that you may have strokes on your shapes in Illustrator. Be sure you are only working with Fills and are not using any Strokes within Illustrator.

Hope this helps. If you're still running into problems, you can send the Illustrator file to me to look at. My email address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]