FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Orientation and posing in Invigorator Pro - newbie question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Van Grafton
Camera Orientation and posing in Invigorator Pro - newbie question
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:55:32 pm

I am just getting into Invigorator Pro, but have used After Effects for about 10 years.

I am struggling to understand the way orientation of cameras is handled in the Invigorator software. For instance, opening an Illustrator file, the Main Camera orients to an upper right view, which AE seems to default to when launching back into it. Can the camera viewpoint be reset like the Object coordinates within Invig? Seems like since no animation can happen within Invigorator, the default view would be front, and all rotation/positions would be centered. Of course, object rotation, pivot and position come into play here from within Invigorator, but I have tried to reset them to 0, with, again, unexpected results.
I'm sure this is a beginner misunderstanding of the software, but the documentation is very limited, and the tutorials always seem to cover more advanced techniques.

This is a woefully inadequate description of the issues I'm struggling with, but maybe someone can point me to some basic tutorials on the user interface, or better documentation.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Van

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Camera Orientation and posing in Invigorator Pro - newbie question
on Apr 22, 2013 at 11:06:13 pm

Hi Van,

By default, Invigorator PRO is using its own camera separate than the After Effects camera. This allows you to make camera changes in Invigorator without affecting the After Effects camera. You can enable the "Use Comp Camera" option and your Invigorator objects will using the After Effects camera instead.

Also by default, the Invigorator camera is set to a upper right view as you've mentioned. This is so you can see how all the objects relate to one another in 3D space. You can adjust the camera view by going into the "View" menu and selecting "Front" to see the objects from the front, or selecting one of many different options.

You're also correct that no animation can happen within Invigorator. You create all the animation within After Effects using keyframes. If you are interested in creating the animation within the Set-Up window, ProAnimator is the application that allows you to do that.

As for Pivot points, you will want to adjust the pivot points for the Sets that you are working with. It's best to click on the "Reset" button to reset the pivot point of the Set so that it is in the center of all the objects. If you need the pivot point in a custom location, then you would adjust the Set pivot point to another position.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]