FORUMS: list search recent posts

rotating around the center using warp layer

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james jackson
rotating around the center using warp layer
on Apr 12, 2013 at 5:06:56 pm

I am trying to animate a globe that was created using warp layers. I am try to animate just the land masses which is a separate layer from the globe but it animates "off-center" How do I have it rotate in a perfect circle around the gone?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: rotating around the center using warp layer
on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56:30 pm

Hi James,

I replied to your Online Documentation post as well, but it seems like you are using 3D Invigorator PRO from that post. If so, it will be easier to just create a 3D Primitive (Sphere), then apply the map/image onto the sphere. Then, you can rotate the sphere by adjusting the Rotation values for the Set.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

james jackson
on Apr 16, 2013 at 5:03:09 pm

Thanks Edward,

What I am trying to do is have the land mass have some 3d depth to it as well and have that rotate around the ball/globe. when I apply warp to the land mass the rotation point is not in the center of z space it is on an outside edge (does this make sense?) When I rotate that layer it does not rotate sound the ball/globe

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 16, 2013 at 6:50:48 pm

Hi James,

If you are working with Warping within 3D Invigorator PRO, then you will have to go to the Set Controls (located in the Effects Controls Window of After Effects) and adjust the Set Z Pivot control.

If you are working with 3D Warps, then you will need to go into the Transform section, and adjust the Z Center control.

Once you set up the Z Pivot correctly, when you apply the Y-Rotation, the Warp layer will rotate around the globe.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

james jackson
on Apr 16, 2013 at 8:46:09 pm

when i do that the land mass becomes extremely distorted/stretched out

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 17, 2013 at 5:18:38 pm

Hi James,

Please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at your project setup.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

james jackson
on Apr 16, 2013 at 5:03:38 pm

I can send you a sample of what i have

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]