FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dome?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Gillespie
Dome?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:18:20 am

Hi Guys,

I feel like a real idiot right now. I'm trying to make a basic half dome in Invigorator...but with no success.

I thought I could bring in a circle from Illustrator and start with that, but I can't seem to create a file with the paths? I think something changed since V5 and CS6?

What am I missing with making a basic shape in Illustrator to show up in Invigorator? I thought it was create outlines, but that's not working?

Thanks for any guidance.
Todd

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Dome?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:27:40 am

Hi Todd.

You should be able to import a quarter circle curve into Invigorator (or draw one in our Object Drawing window).
Then select the object and choose Object> Convert to Lathe Object.

This should create a half dome.

Let us know if you still have questions, or need a sample project.

m

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Mar 4, 2013 at 4:50:24 am

Hi Matt,

I don't have Animator, so I don't think I have the capability to 'draw' an object?

My biggest issue is I can't get Zaxwerks to accept ANYTHING I've created in Illustrator? "no usable vector paths"

I've outline, stroke, etc, but nothing will import from Illustrator!

So either the magic formula for importing from Illustrator or pointing me to a project that created a dome would be fabulous.

FWIW, I've had NO problem creating Illustrator files in the past, only difference now is I'm on a PC and with the newest Invig and CS6.

Thanks
Todd

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Mar 4, 2013 at 4:37:25 pm

Hi Todd.

A few more comments:
1. The current version (v6) of Invig has an Object Drawing panel in the Invigorator Set-Up window.
You can create extruded and lathe objects in this window (Ctrl+L to create a Lathe object on the PC - Cmd+L on the Mac).

2. When creating outlines in Illustrator and saving the file, make sure "Use Compression" is off in the Save options.

3. If you draw a quarter circle as an extruded object, or import a quarter circle Illustrator outline, you can convert it to a Lathe object using the Object menu.

4. I made a quarter circle in Illustrator. You can get it by right-clicking here and saving file.

5. I made a simple dome Lathe object in Invigorator PRO v6. You can get it by right-clicking here and saving the file.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Mar 4, 2013 at 5:09:38 pm

Matt,

You're awesome. Everything helped. Project file worked, so I could see what you did. So did the Illustrator file.

You were correct about the compression as well. As soon as I unchecked it, everything worked-sorry for such a basic goof.

Great support, viva Zaxwerks!

Todd

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]