FORUMS: list search recent posts

OpenGL crashes

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Win
OpenGL crashes
on Dec 29, 2012 at 3:21:37 pm

Just started using ProAnimator 6.1 I have been having many error warning messages relating to OpenGL.
I have not expereinced these errors before with AF and so I assume they are related directly to ProAnimator.

The message is a warning but it refuses to go (doesn't crash AF)and I have to close the AF down. Unfortunately, it makes using ProAnimator a rather nervous experience. I am not doing anything clever, simply experimenting with basic primitives and models that I am compositing in AF.

I googled the error message but there are so many suggestions its effectively useless information to me.

Any ideas please - I don't have a file to send you BTW.

With respect to ProAnimator itself, I have had mixed fortunes. I can produce very nice work but I find the constant switching between AF and ProAnimator a very slow work flow it take 10 seconds on my PC to load ProAnimator and I have to do this many times as I havn't found a way of referencing my video inside ProAnimator (for camera tracking). It would be great if there was an update button where both windows (AF and ProAnimator) remained open.

Thank you

ps. Unrelated perhaps, but the bluewireframe shader from Materials 1 tab will always crash AF.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: OpenGL crashes
on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:26:32 pm

Hi Geoff,

If possible, try updating your video card driver. If your video card driver is not up to date, you may run into problems with OpenGL since ProAnimator utilizes OpenGL quite a bit.

In regards to your question about going in and out of ProAnimator, you can use the "Editor Background" feature. To do this, select the ProAnimator layer. Then, go into the Effects Controls panel. In the "Load Editor Background" menu, select the video layer you want to use, and you will be able to reference the video in the ProAnimator Set-Up window. Keep in mind that you can also select a Pre-Comp as well.

Also, I'm not seeing the crash for the Blue Wireframe. Is the program crashing when you are applying the material on an object?

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: OpenGL crashes
on Jan 3, 2013 at 9:32:17 pm

Hi Geoff.

One way to minimize the time it takes for the ProAnimator UI to show itself
is to remove any swatches that you don't think you'll need.

There are four types of swatches:
1. Material Swatches
2. Object Style Swatches
3. Light Swatches
4. Lighting Style Swatches

To delete unwanted/unused swatches, do the following:
1. Open one of the panels.
2. Select the ones you don't think you'll use.
(hold the Shift key while selecting more)
3. Then click on the little garbage can icon in the upper-right corner of the panel.

The fewer swatches to load, the quicker the Set-Up window will open.

Note that if you want to restore the master swatches, you can do so
in the User Preferences window. Look for the "Restore files to factory settings" section.

As for your GL problems, I'm guessing it's a driver issue.
Please let us know what the error messages say. What is the exact text?

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]