FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simulating reflectivity in a picture frame with 3D Reflector?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Berry
Simulating reflectivity in a picture frame with 3D Reflector?
on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:53:43 pm

I'm wondering what is the best way to set up a scene where I have a picture frame with a glass front, and the glass reflects the environment? I've tried a couple of different methods, but neither seem to give adequate results. Obviously there has to be reflection which is easy enough to set up, but then of course the reflector (frame glass) has to have some opacity to show the picture behind the "glass".

I'm scratching my head on this one, and I'm pretty sure the solution is a lot simpler than I think!

Mike.

Return to posts index

Mike Berry
Re: Simulating reflectivity in a picture frame with 3D Reflector?
on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:09:47 pm

"Reflections only" That's checkbox I forgot about.

Problem solved!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Simulating reflectivity in a picture frame with 3D Reflector?
on Aug 16, 2012 at 6:46:45 pm

Hi Mike,

Since you own 3D Invigorator PRO version 6, you can try setting up the grass frame all within Invigorator. To do this, create a glass material by going into the Material Editor, setting up a glass color and setting the Transparency. Next, add the Glass Refraction and go into the Reflectivity section and add the reflection. There are two ways to go about the reflections. The first is to simply load a Reflectivity Map (an image you want to reflect) and increase the Reflectivity value. The next method is to increase the Ray Trace Reflectivity value. By increasing the Ray Trace Reflectivity value, if you have an object that is close by, you will be able to see the object in the reflection but also see through the glass and see the objects behind the glass.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]