COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert McGowan
Camera Tracker CS6 ProAnimator
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:05:24 pm

Hi There
Wondering if anybody can help me

I'm working with the new CS6 After Effects on MAC
I have some footage to be tracked I apply the tracker and get the option to add a solid or text layer etc...

Choose solid and apply ProAnimator, I want 3D text to move with the camera - however when I hit the 3D layer button my ProAnimator text goes 2D with no depth to it?

What can de done here are there any solutions?
Proanimator is far better at 3D text, but I can't find a way round this

Thanks
bob

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Camera Tracker CS6 ProAnimator
on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:04:14 pm

Hi Robert,

With ProAnimator version 6, you'll have the option to track your 3D Objects to any After Effects 3D Layer. You'll be able to track your ProAnimator text to the After Effects layer that contains the tracking data (or any other 3D Layer) and the text will move along nicely. Along with Layer Tracking, we have also added our new Ray Tracer Renderer. With this, you'll be able to create Ray-Traced Reflectivity, Shadows, Refraction and Ambient Occulusion. This will allow you to create reflective surfaces that reflect other objects, shadows that fade with distances, and highly realistic glass materials. In addition, with ProAnimator 6, you'll be able to take any object or logo, and break them into little pieces. It's going to be a very fun release.

We're looking to release the plug-in early next week. Once the release is available, you'll receive an e-mail notification.

In the mean time, with ProAnimator version 5, what you can do is first have the After Effects Comp Camera be tracking the footage. Then enable the option "Use Comp Camera" in the ProAnimator controls. By using the Comp Camera, your ProAnimator text will change in perspective with all the camera changes that it tracked to the footage.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Robert McGowan
on Jun 28, 2012 at 8:22:21 pm

Thanks for the info Edward - I look forward to seeing the new plug in, sounds exciting -

Just for the moment I'm still struggling with the comp, you say use the camera option in ProAnim
should i switch the 3D off? or keep it a 2D layer?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 29, 2012 at 6:36:13 pm

Hi Robert,

Keep the ProAnimator Layer 2D. The ProAnimator plug-in should always be applied to a Color Solid that is Comp-Sized.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Robert McGowan
on Jun 30, 2012 at 2:56:55 pm

I'm sure others would be interested as well Edward, could you do a tutorial for the this ?
I'm still not being able to control the text as I should -
its goes really small and is hard to modify whilst shifting along the X plane -- I believe its something to do with the 3D/2D space

fingers crossed

robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]