FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invigorator crashes after installed

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Williamson
Invigorator crashes after installed
on May 22, 2012 at 3:38:28 pm

After installing 3D Invigorator Pro to After Effects, I opened invigorator and created some text and closed invigorator and after effects crashed. I had an older version of invigorator but made sure to get ride of all of the elements before installing the new one. I've also updated my graphic drivers. I've looked through the forum but haven't been able to find an answer that works? Please help! I really want to use this program!

- Eric

Running Windows XP Service Pack 3, After Effects CS4, 3D Invigorator Pro 5.1, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 1.96 GB of RAM

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Invigorator crashes after installed
on Jun 1, 2012 at 4:22:09 pm

Hi Eric,

Is this happening with every project you are working on? For example, if you create a new project and create some 3D Text, does the program crash after clicking the OK button?

One thing to check is to go into the After Effects Preferences window. Go into the Preview section and be sure the "Enable OpenGL" option is not dimmed out. If this option is dimmed out, this means your graphics card does not support OpenGL. If this is the case, you will need to contact your graphics card manufacturer and double check to see if the card you are using does support OpenGL, or if you need a different graphics card.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:55:29 pm

Hey Edward,

Thanks for getting back with me. Yes this happens every time I create a NEW project and click on 3D Text or any of the other starter 3D buttons. It let's me create something or type something into it but as soon as I close it to go back to After Effects, it ask's me to save the project and crashes.

The "Enable OpenGL" is checked and so is "Enable Adaptive Resolution with OpenGL" and "Accelerate Effects Using OpenGL (when possible)". None of this is dimmed out.

Any other thoughts?

Thx,
Eric

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 4, 2012 at 4:46:33 pm

As a side note, I had also purchased 3D Flag and it works!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 4, 2012 at 8:33:52 pm

Hi Eric,

Just to double check, are you able to go into the 3D Invigorator Set-Up window, create whatever graphics, click OK and the program crashes? Or are you getting a crash after selecting any options from the Start-Up menu? (Create 3D Text, Create 3D Primitive, etc).

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 4, 2012 at 8:44:04 pm

Edward,

That is correct...

"able to go into the 3D Invigorator Set-Up window, create whatever graphics, click OK and the program crashes"

Eric

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:32:25 pm

Edward,

Here are the steps I'm taking...

- Open After Effects CS4
- Choose New Composition from the welcome menu
- Preset is NTSC DV, resolution is Half for 30 seconds
- Create New Solid, Make Comp size
- Goto Effects:Zaxwerks:3D Invigorator PRO
- I can click on "Create 3D Text", "Open Illustrator File" or "Import 3D Objects" and type my text or open a file.
- Once I type my text and click OK or open a file and click OK the "Save Copy" window opens and AE4 closes.

If I choose "Create 3D Primitive" or "Create an Empty Scene" from the 3D Invigorator PRO window the "Save Copy" window opens and AE4 closes.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 4, 2012 at 10:26:55 pm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information. From your descriptions, you're not able to get into the 3D Invigorator Set-Up window then. You may be running into an issue where the Preferences file or the Materials Presets are corrupted.

To fix this, try the following:

Go into the C:Documents and SettingsZaxwerks folder and deleting the Zaxwerks Preferences file. You can delete any of the Zaxwerks files there as well.

Next, go into the "DocumentsZaxwerks" folder, and deleting the 3D Invigorator PRO folder.

Then relaunch After Effects and see if you are able to go into the 3D Invigorator PRO Set-Up window. If you are still having issues, go into After Effects > Plug-ins > Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator PRO folder, and move the "Support Files - Do Not Edit" folder onto the Desktop. Relaunch the program and see if you are still having the same issues.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 5, 2012 at 2:22:10 pm

Edward,

Still having the same problem.

- Eric

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:17:00 pm

Hi Eric,

Were you able to have 3D Invigorator PRO version 4 working without any issues? Or are both version 4 and version 5 having issues on your system?

Also, I'll send a few different versions to your e-mail and see if those versions work for you. Please check your e-mail today and try the versions included in the e-mail. Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Eric Williamson
on Jun 5, 2012 at 7:43:46 pm

Hey Edward,

I'm only having a problem with version 5.1. I just deleted version 5.1 from my computer and re-installed version 4.0 and everything seems to be working fine.

Would you still like me to install the other versions you send me?

- Eric

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 5, 2012 at 9:13:48 pm

Hi Eric,

Yes, please try the other versions I sent in the e-mail. We have made a few changes throughout version 5 releases, so I am wondering if you are running into any conflicts with the changes.

Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]