FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting and Invigorator comp with an AE camera inside a comp with its own camera?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georgina Lord
Nesting and Invigorator comp with an AE camera inside a comp with its own camera?
on May 10, 2012 at 2:22:27 pm

I've used all 8 available sets in Invigorator Pro and each of the 8 sets has individual animations applied to them. The 8 sets all act as one large 3D object (in this case a set of gearwheels and rotating boxes). I am using the AE comp camera to view the scene, and want to pan the AE camera in a circle/arc around the gear/box model. That's simple enough to do of course, but I would also like to rotate/move the 8 sets independent on the main comp camera as though they were one single model at the same time. I can't figure a way to do this.

I tried pre-comping the model along with an AE camera, and then placing that comp inside another comp with its own AE camera and tried to move both comp cameras independently of one another, but of course as the Invgorator layer is not a 3D one, the out comp camera doesn't work with it.

Is there a way to put an Invigrator layer into a pre-comp containing an AE camera, and then nest that in another comp that has its own camera that can interact with the nested Invigorator comp?

Return to posts index

Georgina Lord
Re: Nesting and Invigorator comp with an AE camera inside a comp with its own camera?
on May 10, 2012 at 2:48:04 pm

I think I could have worded my question a little more clearly, so here goes!

Having used all 8 Invigorator sets, and animated each set, how can I rotate the entire 8 sets as though they were one single object?

I can rotate an AE camera around the Invigorator model of course, however I want to place the 3D Invigorator model into a scene (on top of a table in a room) and then pan around the entire room scene, whilst at the same time the Invigorator model rotates independently on the table top.

I suppose an even simpler way to put the question would be; how can I rotate an entire 8 set Invigorator model without having to pan a camera around it?

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: Nesting and Invigorator comp with an AE camera inside a comp with its own camera?
on May 11, 2012 at 11:55:03 pm

Hi Georgina,

Sorry I don't think you can do this. You would be able to if the Layer Tracking feature didn't turn off the animation controls for each Set. Perhaps we can add this ability in a new version of the software.

-Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]