FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Pivot Point from Hell Feature

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roland R. Kahlenberg
The Pivot Point from Hell Feature
on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:07:36 am

Regardless if I use a Tracker or without, the Pivot Point just doesn't want to be relocated to anywhere but to the center of the object.

All the tutorials here are ancient and doesn't help at all.

Relocating the Tracker to the desired location prior to setting up the tracker doesn't help as the Invig layer automatically reposition's itself to account for the change in the Tracker's position.

Moving the Invig layer to center and then setting Use Comp Camera doesn't help either.

So what's the definitive way to set Invig's Pivot Point with and without a Tracker Layer?

TIA
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: The Pivot Point from Hell Feature
on Apr 7, 2012 at 1:32:37 am

Done more tests and I now find that the Pivot Point hidden under the Info twirl menu does nothing to a Layer Set regardless if the Layer Set has a Tracking Layer or in independent.

It's the Position property within the Info Twirl menu that does the trick, although one has to exercise some smarts in order to get the Pivot Point placed perfectly.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Apr 7, 2012 at 3:42:32 pm

Did you tried this one?

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/pa_pivot_point/video-tu...

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Apr 7, 2012 at 8:27:50 pm

I did. Thanks. UNfortunately, I had read earlier that messing with the Pivot point would do the trick.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 11, 2012 at 5:43:08 pm

Hi Roland,

The Pivot Points should be a lot easier to work with in version 5 than in version 4. You can adjust the Pivot Point from the Info section in the Object Controls Panel as well as the Effect Controls Panel in After Effects. If you are in the Invigorator Set-Up window, and adjust the Pivot Point Controls, be sure to click on the "Update Sets" button in the Effect Controls Panel when you get back into After Effects.

Hope this helps. If you're having problems setting the pivot point, please send me the project file and I can take a look at your setup. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]