Installing the new ProAnimator 5?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Jender
Installing the new ProAnimator 5?
on Feb 6, 2012 at 8:25:27 pm

I have downloaded the eval version of ProAnimator 5. The installation
is not working on a Windows 7 box.

After going through the intall, I see no sign of the program, anywhere!
There is no icon either??? Looking at Start -> All Programs I see nothing!

What am I missing here?

Ray

Return to posts index

Ray Jender
Re: Installing the new ProAnimator 5?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:23:46 am

My original v5 install was on a Win 7 box. Never could get it to run.

Now I am trying to install on a Vista box. I have had a version 4 ProAnimator installed and it worked fine.

First of all, after I install v5, I had to hunt for the executable? Why is that?
Now when I execute ProAnimator App.exe the "Please personalize your copy...." comes up and I choose Demo.
The ProAnimator splash screen comes up, then the ProAnimator "Create 2D Text, Open Illustrator File...etc." comes up.
I select "Create 3D Text" and I get a "ProAnimator Has Stopped Working" failure???

Ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Installing the new ProAnimator 5?
on Feb 10, 2012 at 1:05:58 am

Hi Ray,

If you have the "UAC (User Account Controls)" feature set to Never Notify in Windows 7, then the program icon is created on the desktop. If not, you can go into the C:Program FilesZaxwerks ProAnimator folder, and send the icon to the desktop as a shortcut.

In regards to the program not working in Windows 7, you may be running into a OpenGL compatibility issue. To fix this, go to the manufacturer's web site for your graphics card, and download the latest driver. Even though Windows 7 may say that you already have the latest driver, this may not be true. The best way is to download the driver directly from the manufacturer's web site.

Once you update the driver, try running the program again. If you're still having issues, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]