FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invig Pro: A Warped Mind?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesper Kodahl Andersen
Invig Pro: A Warped Mind?
on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:32:18 pm

Hi All
I'm trying to make the classic text revolving around the globe animation. So I made the text (set 1) , made a sphere (set 2) and applied a warp around the Y axis to "wrap" the letters around the sphere. Then I moved the null for the letters to the center of the sphere so the letters would rotate around the globe and not in and out of the globe, but when I try to rotate the Y axis it does not behave like I would have expected. It's as if the warp is not a static thing seen from my letters, more like localized in space so when I rotate the warp just gets more tight, or lose depending on which way I rotate. What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to find any decent documentation on the warp feature, maybe someone could give me a pointer? I did try to apply warp globally instead of locally to no avail. Normally when I do 3D animation in other apps I can just add a second null to use as the pivot or in AE embed the Comp into another and animate that, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Is my thinking warped?
Thanks
Jesper

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Invig Pro: A Warped Mind?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 12:31:10 am

Hi Jesper,

You're very close.

Once you have the Warp set up Globally, just animate the "Set 1 X Position" and it will rotate the text around the sphere. You don't need to rotate your Set in order to get the text to move along the Warp path.

After animating the Set 1 X Position, you should be able to get the text to rotate around the sphere without any problems. Let me know if you're having issues. I have an example project that I can send you if you need some help.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jesper Kodahl Andersen
on Sep 28, 2011 at 2:23:33 pm

Hi Edward

That did it!! Thanks so much for your help you have no idea how many hours of jaw grinding agony you just saved me for.
It seems that it's the whole x/axis that gets warped, and although it makes sense I had seen that one coming!

Cheers
Jesper

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:33:09 pm

Hi Jesper,

You're welcome. I'm glad it's working out for you now!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]