FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom texture maps in ProAnimator.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve McGarrigle
Custom texture maps in ProAnimator.
on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:24:29 am

Custom texture maps. Is this possible?

Using a copy of an existing material i clicked on the existing texture map 'Graphic Dunes 1' and an 'Open File' window opened suggesting that i could load my own, however the tga texture map i imported rendered the 'sample ball'l and preview box black instead of the lovely hand crafted texture i was hoping for.

I am trying to create a shiny gloss reflection effect for some text.

Thanks in advance for any assistance lovely peoples of the COW.

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
Re: Custom texture maps in ProAnimator.
on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:54:46 am

On the plus side i have managed to map video to a surface which looks pretty awesome so i'll just keep plugging away with different formats as i'm sure it will work.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:36:27 pm

Hi Steve,

Is this happening with any of the other custom texture maps you're working with? If not, please send the project file and the texture map to me and I'll take a look at what you're running into. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Steve McGarrigle
on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:16:50 pm

Hi Edward,

thanks for the reply. All seems to be working ok now. I have no idea why the TGA i initially used didn't work, but subsequent experimentation has yielded good results and JPEGs and other formats seem to work fine.
I have another question but it is an animation issue so i will start a new thread for that one.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]