FORUMS: list search recent posts

Depth of Field in Invigorator v5.0.5?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Brunger
Depth of Field in Invigorator v5.0.5?
on Jul 11, 2011 at 2:30:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Just trying out new Invigorator in AE CS5.5 - seems to be working quite fluidly and rendering quick compared to previous versions I've dabbled in.

However the project I want to use it for needs ability to view text objects at extreme angles/perspectives and ideally getting a narrow depth of field working on them, as it would work on a 2.5D standard AE text layer.

Has Invigorator got this built in yet? Can't find anything obvious looking around the plugin, but I had read several posts from a while ago asking for it, so hoped it might have made it into this version?

If not then are there any more elegant workarounds than hand-animating blurred masks?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Depth of Field in Invigorator v5.0.5?
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:04:24 pm

Hi Jimmy,

We currently do not have depth of field built in, so as mentioned in your post, the workaround for now is to use Blur effects to create the same effect.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jimmy Brunger
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:26:39 am

Hi Edward,

Is this a feature that is being looked at for further .point versions do you know?

DoF seems to have 'some' effect on the ZW layer as a whole (it softens it slightly) but doesn't seem to be manipulable. Should I be able to see DoF on the *whole* layer, for instance if it was way back from the camera (but not 'across' the layer) or is it just not supported full stop?

Thanks,
Jim.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:38:47 pm

Hey Jimmy,

Ed can't comment on future features, but I can, (heh, heh).

Yes DOF is high on our list of things to add. Version 5 was an incredible amount of work for us. Practically the entire user interface had to be rewritten to support the panel system. But it needed to be done in order to add new features like the drawing window, batch rendering window and expandable materials window. With this now behind us we can concentrate on adding even more cool features that will make your animations look like a million bucks!

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:46:33 pm

Hey Jimmy,

Ed can't comment on future features, but I can, (heh, heh).

Yes DOF is high on our list of things to add. Version 5 was an incredible amount of work for us. Practically the entire user interface had to be rewritten to support the panel system. But it needed to be done in order to add new features like the drawing window, batch rendering window and expandable materials window. With this now behind us we can concentrate on adding even more cool features that will make your animations look like a million bucks!

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jul 26, 2011 at 5:14:47 pm

While you are adding DOF to Invigorator, how about adding it to Proanimator as well :-)

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]