FORUMS: list search recent posts

render stopping

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Fleming
render stopping
on Mar 23, 2011 at 1:01:45 am

I have some 3D text that simply orbits with 2 camera poses over 10 seconds. For some unknown reason, the render gets to about 200 frames (of the 300) and stops, giving me 6 seconds of the animation.

I'm using Proanimator v.4.5.1 as a standalone app, and will import the resulting QT with alpha to After Effects. I'm working on a 1920 x 1080 canvas. Maddening problem--any suggestions?

Dave

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: render stopping
on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:37:55 pm

Hi Dave,

What error message are you getting?

One thing you can try is to change your QuickTime Player to Safe Mode. To do this, go to your Quicktime player. Select Edit > Preferences > Quicktime Preferences. Go to the "Advanced" tab, and check the setting for "Safe Mode". This may help with the rendering issue you are running into.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Dave Fleming
on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:57:23 pm

Hi Edward,

No error message whatsoever. The render screen just goes away at about 2/3 of the way through the render and the partially rendered movie is deposited in the destination location.

I dug through old posts and saw a guy had a similar problem a few months ago, but he was using Proanimator through AE. I'm simply trying to run it as a standalone; not running any other program. Anyway, I followed the advice that he got, which was to section the movie up into several pieces. I rendered off the first 5 seconds, no problem. I tried the last 5 seconds and only got 60 frames completed before it stopped again. Then, I rendered the last 3 seconds into a 3rd movie.

It's extremely frustrating to have a simple 10 second logo animation in HD with an alpha that needs to be broken up into 3 pieces just to get something workable, but at least I've got something.

I will try your QT player suggestion...Is this a memory issue?

df

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 24, 2011 at 8:15:17 pm

Hi Dave,

It seems like a memory issue, but from the description of your project, it does not seem very complicated.

What are the system specs and the compressor settings you are using?

One other thing you can try is to reset your ProAnimator preference file. Do a search on "Zaxwerks ProAnimator Prefs" and "Zaxwerks PA Prefs" and delete the files if they exist.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

susan anson
on Mar 25, 2011 at 2:46:29 pm

I have had issues like this. In my case I was able to resolve it by shutting off my Memeo Disk Backup Program in the system tray. It seems that Memeo was seeing a file that was being created and it grabbed the file and tried to archive it off onto my backup disk while the program was still rendering it. I also had an issue where disabling my antivirus and firewall temporarily during the render seemed to affect the outcome for some reason. I wonder if you might have some kind of competing resource that is interfering with your render?

Cheers,

Suzzie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]