FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator Lighting - Settings not responding accurately

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Reeves
ProAnimator Lighting - Settings not responding accurately
on Mar 14, 2011 at 1:51:35 pm

First let me say, the new 5.0 looks awesome and I've already purchased my upgrade even before the plugin (mac) becomes available. It isn't really an upgrade so much as a new program all together... Nice job guys!

My problem is while building some 3D text, I've added a couple of lights, and playing with shadows. Shadows seem to work at first, but darkening the scene, I can never make it "Dark". The Text is always lit from the front, even if I toggle off Ambient and all but one light, setting it behind the text. The preview window looks "darker" but still shows as if there's plenty of ambient light. If I render a preview, suddenly the front faces light up almost to a normal level.

Am I just mentally challenged and missing something simple? Or is this a bigger issue? I did check a few different materials, just to make sure it wasn't a question of material options.

-ATR

---
Austin Reeves
AR&C
http://www.austinreeves.com
Production & Post-Production Services
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator Lighting - Settings not responding accurately
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:25:26 pm

Hi Austin,

Try lowering the Intensity of the Ambient light, and all the other lights you have in your scene. This should darken your scene dramatically.

If you are still having issues, please send a scene to me at ed@zaxwerks.com

I'll take a look at your scene file and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]