FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator vs 3D Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petr Berger
ProAnimator vs 3D Invigorator
on Feb 19, 2011 at 2:06:05 pm

Whats the difference between these two programs?

Return to posts index

Andrew Devis
Re: ProAnimator vs 3D Invigorator
on Feb 19, 2011 at 2:27:55 pm

Hi Petr
Invigorator output is animated with keyframes in the normal way you animate inside AE and so can be quite a prolonged process. ProAnimator has a built-in animation engine that makes animation more natural and much quicker and easier. It takes a little getting use to but once you've used it you won't want to go back to the keyframe approach - much much faster.

As for modelling as far as I can see they are pretty much the same - the power is in the animation engine, so if you can afford the extra, go for ProAnimator. Also, ProAnimator 5 is due out very soon which works stand-alone and as a plug-in for AE CS3/4/5. You can buy ProAnimator 4 which won't work with CS5 but you will get a free upgrade to ProAnimator 5 when it comes out in the coming weeks.

Hope this helps
Andrew

... because it's all about stories ...

Return to posts index

Petr Berger
on Feb 19, 2011 at 3:43:36 pm

Thanks. I tried standalone version of Proanimator first. Looks great. Then I tried it in After Effects, but i cant see all the options of standalone version.

Return to posts index

Petr Berger
on Feb 19, 2011 at 3:45:06 pm

Oh, I see it now. I need to click at the ProaAnimator image "click to edit" :)

Return to posts index

Andrew Devis
on Feb 19, 2011 at 4:20:55 pm

Hi Petr

All the same controls are available in AE. Once you have applied proanimator you need to open your effects controls panel you open the proanimator effect and click either on the options text at the top of the effect or on the proa icon at the top which will open a separate window similar to the standalone proanimator window. Once you have completed your work just click the ok button and it is applied in AE.

Hope this helps
Andrew

Return to posts index

Jonathan Thomas
Re: ProAnimator 5 future integration with Sony Vegas 10 new Support for OpenEXR and DPX?
on Feb 27, 2011 at 12:39:17 am

I know ProAnimator 5 is coming, will PA 5 be able to plug in to Sony Vegas 10 with the new support for OpenEXR and DPX? I'd have ProAnimator 4.5 ... I use it with Sony Vegas Pro 10. But I’m always rendering the animation out for Vegas integration.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator 5 future integration with Sony Vegas 10 new Support for OpenEXR and DPX?
on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:23:03 pm

Hi Jonathan,

ProAnimator 5 has been released last week, so it is actually now available as an upgrade :).

Like the previous build of ProAnimator, it is compatible with After Effects as a plug-in, and also runs as a standalone application.

At the moment, we do not support Sony Vegas, but we may look into that path down the road. With ProAnimator 5, you can still render out the animation with an alpha channel, and import the animation into Sony Vegas.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Adam Duplay
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:59:07 pm

I know this is an old post. Hopefully my question will move this back to the top of the forum.

In determining whether to buy ProAnimator or Invigorator, I read Andrew Devis' post on the difference between the two, which says:

"Invigorator output is animated with keyframes in the normal way you animate inside AE and so can be quite a prolonged process. ProAnimator has a built-in animation engine that makes animation more natural and much quicker and easier.

My question is... can the "presets" inside ProAnimator be completely tweaked to create entirely custom animations? Or are your animations limited by whatever is preloaded in the animation engine?

I watched one of Andrew's tutorial where, after designing the Zax text, he simply cycled through animation presets to get the look he wanted. I can never imagine working like that myself. Every motion graphic that I've ever made is completely custom. To me, cycling through presets is not "more natural" although it does seem "much quicker and easier."

I am leaning towards Invigorator, but wanted to ask for opinions.

Thank you.

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

Andrew Devis
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:44:53 pm

Hi Adam, they are completely customizable and that is also.how I.use them. I only used the preset to give an example. ProAnimator is far easier and quicker to use and make custom animations with.

Hope this helps
Andrew

Return to posts index

Adam Duplay
on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:32:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved