FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trojan or Trajan font or substitution

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitt
Trojan or Trajan font or substitution
on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:42:25 pm

Hi there,

I'm doing a project for a client who wants me to recreate text for them from a previous ad.

The best I can conclude is that it is Trojan (or Trajan). I have it on my computer and can use it in After Effects, but Proanimator does not show it as one of the available fonts. Maybe it's because the settings on my Mac? I've installed a couple versions into my font book and they don't show up, either.

Is there a version out there that Proanimator can use? I know I can use Illustrator and import files from that, but I'm not really saavy with Illustrator.

Maybe one of you and point me to a version or a substitute I can use?

thanks!

MIKE

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitt
Re: Trojan or Trajan font or substitution
on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:05:03 pm

cancel... Figured out how to do it in Illustrator.

Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jan 27, 2011 at 7:57:55 pm

Most likely your font is in True Type format. ProAnimator 4.5.1 doesn't read True Type fonts but ProAnimator 5 will.

The only course is to create it in Illustrator, convert to outlines and then open the Illustrator file in ProAnimator 4.5.1. Glad you figured it out. One thing to remember is to always use large point sizes. Illustrator defaults to 12 point text, but all the presets in ProAnimator are set up for 72 point text. You really have to increase the faceting settings for small fonts in order for them to smooth properly. You can skip the headaches by using large sized letters.

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitt
on Feb 21, 2011 at 2:47:10 pm

Thanks Zax, after I re-figured out how to do it in Illustrator, i sent a rough edit and they realized that they wanted Times New Roman Bold.

Humph.

Really really really looking forward to the new version of Proanimator!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]