FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render error

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lars pedersen
Render error
on Dec 6, 2010 at 3:08:10 pm

Hi!

Iv'e just installed snow leopard on my mac but for some reason when i open old AE projects with 3d layer warp there is a problem.
Textures is missing or with some sort of chessboard pattern. Is it a open GL error or??

Iv'e tried to copy the layer to a new comp and the error disapears. Somehow the error is inside the comp...

I've read that there is some problems with 3rd part plugins in snow leopard but is this the case?

1356_screenshot20101203at11.36.09.png.zip

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Render error
on Dec 6, 2010 at 4:15:38 pm

Hi Lars.

Would you mind sending me your project? I'd be happy to take a look.
Also send a few steps to follow in order to see the problem.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

lars pedersen
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:53:41 pm

Anything new??

I've tested a bit and found out that the problem could be x64 systems. Tested the project on windows 7 x64 and snow leopard and the render error is there but on leopard and windows xp all looks okay. Hopefully zaxwerks soon will have an update or even a cs5 plugin ready.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:51:29 pm

Hi Lars.

I sent you an email offline.

It looks like there may be a conflict when a map is set to both the front and backfacing maps.
The solution/workaround is to set the Backfacing Color Map menu to "None" instead
of setting it to the same value as the Front Color Map.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

lars pedersen
on Dec 15, 2010 at 9:06:13 pm

Just found out that if i set the "Best Geometric Detail" to at least 200 x 200 the error/bug in the plugin disappears but renders takes to long now... hmmm

Return to posts index

Joe DeOliveira
on May 24, 2011 at 4:27:42 pm

I re-ran the installation and got it working. Also had a problem with the watermark burning in during render. I spoke to Zaxwerks support on the phone and got some excellent help. Deleting the AE Prefs solved the watermark issue.

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]