FORUMS: list search recent posts

What am I missing

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
What am I missing
on Oct 28, 2010 at 8:36:54 pm

I have 3D invigorator for AE. I got ProAnimator FX for Motion. If I rotate the AE camera around an object in AE it is 3d. When I rotate the Motion camera around an object in Motion the object shows it is flat. Even if I have the "Use 3D Camera" check mark checked. Anything I can do about that? Is something set up wrong?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: What am I missing
on Oct 29, 2010 at 4:54:57 pm

Hi Stephen,

Be sure you're keeping the Layer and Group as 2D layers. If you switch the Layer or Group as a 3D layer, then the objects will appear flat if you try moving the project camera around. If you keep the layer 2D, your 3D objects will change in perspective as you move your project camera around.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 1, 2010 at 2:35:38 pm

Perfect!

Now if Zaxwerks could come up with a way so its layers would act in 3D space, instead of being effected by layer order. meaning, if an object in Motion was in front of a object in Zaxwerks and you rotate around the two objects the Motion object will be in front of the Zaxwerks layer. Once rotated 180 degrees the motion object appears in front again. Not sure if I'm making any sense.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 1, 2010 at 8:06:56 pm

Hi Stephen,

Motion's 3D space works independently from our 3D space, so unfortunately that's why it is affected by the layer ordering as you observed. However, if you created Planes within ProAnimator FX, and applied your Motion layers as layer maps onto your Planes, this will allow you to have your ProAnimator FX objects interact with your Motion elements.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 1, 2010 at 9:28:17 pm

I understand what you are saying, that will only go so far and is extra work. If I want to work with particles and other stuff that would be problematic. Regardless, I think this is one of the coolest plug-ins I've ever seen.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]