FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just ProAnimator? Invigorator too? Promodeler?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Leach
Just ProAnimator? Invigorator too? Promodeler?
on Sep 12, 2010 at 7:09:31 pm

Hi-

I purchased, so I thought, ProAnimator 4.5.1. I have After Effects CS5 but after following the instructions this version of ProAnimator won't run except as an independent application; running it as a plug in inside of After Effects CS5 won't happen.

I downloaded the docs and see references to ProAnimator and ProModeler (the PDF); there are also references in other threads for ProAnimator that reference Invigorator.... which product do I have? I opened ProAnimator, went to About ProAnimator and it says Zaxwerks ProAnimator 4.5.1. Did products get combined? Did I not download the correct product? What are there all of these other product references in the tutorials and the PDF? It's making a very simple task almost impossible to track down and figure out....

Thanks for your patience,

Rich

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Just ProAnimator? Invigorator too? Promodeler?
on Sep 13, 2010 at 5:48:04 pm

Hi Rich,

The product that you own is ProAnimator.

At the moment, our plug-ins are only compatible with After Effects 6.5 - CS4. This is why you are not seeing the plug-in inside of After Effects CS5. However, you can work with ProAnimator as a standalone application, then render your animation out as a movie and import it into After Effects CS5.

We are currently converting our plug-ins so that they are compatible with After Effects CS5. The 64-bit compatible version will also include a lot of new features such as customizable workspaces, a built-in drawing window, object deformation, gradient and noise shaders, and more! When the new version is available, we will contact you by e-mail, and you will be eligible for a free upgrade.

In other threads, we mentioned our other product, the 3D Invigorator Pro. 3D Invigorator Pro is only a plug-in for After Effects, and does not run as a standalone application. The plug-in uses the After Effects keyframing techniques to animate the objects, so it works differently than ProAnimator.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Rich Leach
on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:05:55 pm

Hi Edward-

Thanks for the updates, the next version of ProAnimator sounds awesome!

I think the reason I got confused was that the docs (the PDF) reference ProAnimator and ProModeler and if my memory serves me correctly, they seem to reference each product without a whole lot of clarification as to if each is independent or they're a collective set. Perhaps by the mere inclusion of both products' docs in the same PDF has lead me to this incorrect conclusion.

BTW, those docs are nicely written, I've had to deal with some real poor docs in other applications but yours are done nicely.

Thanks,

Rich

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Sep 14, 2010 at 9:25:12 pm

Hi Rich,

The reason the ProAnimator and the ProModeler were referenced in the same manual is because both programs are essentially the same in terms of object creation capabilities. The difference between ProAnimator and ProModeler is that ProAnimator lets you animate your objects through object or camera animations while ProModeler creates still scenes. So, all the pages that cover object creation apply to ProAnimator as well as ProModeler. Sorry for any confusion. Glad you found the manual helpful though!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]