FORUMS: list search recent posts

placing text built in ProAnimator onto a cube face

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Leach
placing text built in ProAnimator onto a cube face
on Sep 10, 2010 at 2:29:05 am

Hi-
I just got done reading the recent thread "Animating Logos on a cube surface" which was extremely helpful to me, but it sounds like I'd need to apply an external image to my primitive in ProAnimator. What would I need to do to apply simple 3d text that I also build in ProAnimator to a primitive cube (also built in ProAnimator)? I'd like to end up with a slowly rotating cube with one line of text on each side, maybe some cool texture maps, etc.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and thanks for your patience with me.

Rich

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: placing text built in ProAnimator onto a cube face
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:52:19 pm

Hi Rich,

To pull pull off the effect that you're looking for, first create a cube primitive big enough to fit the text onto. Then, create the 6 text objects that you want for each side of the cube. After creating the text, you'll have to rotate each text piece so that they fit the side of the cube that the text is supposed to go on. Apply a X-rotation for text on the top, and bottom while using a Y-rotation for text on the sides.

Then, you may want to go to the "Views" menu, and select the "Top" Camera angle. This will allow you to position all the text relative to the cube. You can then change the camera angle to any others that may help you position your text easier. Afterwards, group all the text together with the method mentioned in the previous thread, and everything should work out for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Rich Leach
Re: placing text built in ProAnimator onto a cube face
on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:14:14 pm

Hi-
... just wanted to update this thread as I needed a solution to this problem that I could implement for a client, and needed something a little more "ready". I found an app called Kinemac (sorry, just for us Mac folks) and I even posted a simple demo of how to make this particular cube effect work.

http://www.cfsnap.com/index.cfm/blog/3d/how-to-build-your-own-animated-3d-c...

Make no mistake, I'm anxiously awaiting the ProAnimator/CS5 update for Mac, but while we're all waiting, I hope you'll find this alternative (which I'm hoping turns out to actually complement ProAnimator) useful.

Regards,

Rich Leach

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]