FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D flag and AE CS5

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Cook
3D flag and AE CS5
on Sep 8, 2010 at 8:42:27 am

Hello, I upgraded to CS5 after having rendering/making movie problems - halting at : unable to complete the operation (*4) (4). This is the *only* effect applied to a 30 sec project.

I was working in AE v7 - results same in G5 (OS 10.5) and MacPro 1,1 (OS 10.6). So I upgraded to CS5, but now the plugin is not "seen" by AE, saying that I must install missing effect 3D flag. But this IS installed (folder present in plug-ins folder). So I am now assuming that 3D flag is NOT 64bit and therefore will not work in AE CS5? Maybe I should return CS5 - this is the only project that I'm using AE for.

But what if I bought the FX plug? I notice a lot of my FCP/Motion plugins seem to be working/are available in CS5 (haven't analyzed this yet).

Will 3D Flag FXplug work in AE CS5?

Regards
Alan

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3D flag and AE CS5
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:07:26 pm

Hi Alan,

3D Flag is not 64 compatible at the moment. This is why you are not seeing 3D Flag within After Effects CS5. We are currently converting our plug-ins so that they are 64-bit compatible. At the moment, they are compatible with After Effects 6.5 - CS4. If you have After Effects CS4, you can try downloading the latest version of 3D Flag (1.5) and see if you are still running into the same rendering issue there.

As far as the 3D Flag FX, this plug-in will only work in Motion and FInal Cut Pro. 3D Flag FX will not work with After Effects CS5.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Alan Cook
Re: 3D flag and AE CS5
on Sep 8, 2010 at 7:08:32 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Looking forward to the updated versions...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]