FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intermittent bad frames on render

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Lennon
Intermittent bad frames on render
on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:54:34 pm

I'm having an issue getting an animation to render out correctly. There are two simple 3D shapes (originally created in Illustrator) animating over a looping background. When it renders out, over the course of my animation I see occasional frames where the texture on one of the surfaces of the 3D object is incorrect. Almost like it goes black for a frame, although it's not necessarily entirely black. Just that the texture/reflection is 'wrong' when compared to the frames before and after it...that's the best way to describe it.

I'm using the Invig renderer at default settings...

Animation is ~30 seconds, and over the course of a full render I probably see between 10 and 20 bad frames.

At first I thought it might have been the QuickTime encoder that was choking, but I'm seeing the same thing by rendering out a sequential targa. Doesn't seem as obvious, but it's still there (probably just a coincidence).

I've been using the AE 'Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously' feature and am going to try the slow boat render now and see if that helps.

Anybody seen this before? Suggestions? I'm going slightly mad especially considering each render is taking ~2 hrs to complete.

Greg

- Invig AE 4.0.8p_Win / AE CS4
Windows7 64-bit
Velocity Micro Edge Z55
Core i7 3.20 Ghz
12GB RAM
GeForce GTX 260 / 896MB Driver 197.45

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Intermittent bad frames on render
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:27:14 pm

Hi Greg,

What you're running into is that the textures are getting lost during the multi-process rendering. To avoid this from import your texture map into After Effects, and set up the texture map as a Layer Map in the Effect Controls window. Then, load the Layer Map onto a material, and apply the material on your object. This should help with the flickering issue you're seeing during the render.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Greg Lennon
Re: Intermittent bad frames on render
on Aug 3, 2010 at 4:36:30 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Edward. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]