FORUMS: list search recent posts

Far visibility issue...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico Jones
Far visibility issue...
on Jul 19, 2010 at 8:17:16 am

Hi guys,

I've always had this issue in Invigorator and managed to work around it, but this time I really need to solve it!

I've brought a.obj file into Invigorator and set the plugin to use the AE camera. All is well. But when I move the camera too far away from the object, it begins to disappear.

Is there a far visibility setting somewhere that I haven't been able to find?

Many thanks,

Nico

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Far visibility issue...
on Jul 19, 2010 at 11:34:05 pm

Hi Nico,

What you're running into is a clipping issue. There is a Camera Clipping Distance of 10,000 units. To avoid this, you can try playing around with the scale of your imported object. When importing the object, you can adjust the Scale to "10%" instead of 100%, and you should be able to zoom in/out of the object a lot more before the clipping takes place.

The other way is to save your 3D Invigorator scene. To do this, go into the 3D Invigorator Set-up window, then use "Cmd + S" to save the scene. Then, open the 3D Invigorator scene with a word editor. Then, in the word editor, do a search on the word "clip". For every value of "10000" you see, change the value to "30000". Save the scene again, and go back into 3D Invigorator and re-load the 3D Invigorator scene. You will now have a clip distance of 30,000 units.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:30:16 pm

Thanks, that sounds good. I've saved my scene and made the changes, but for the life of me can't figure out how to re-import the scene. Doesn't seem to mention it in the Help anywhere, and I can't find a tab for it in the plugin!

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 20, 2010 at 4:13:30 pm

Hi Nico,

My apologies. To open the scene, go into the 3D Invigorator Set-up window, then press "Cmd + O". This brings up the Open Scene menu, and you'll be able to select your saved scene.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jul 20, 2010 at 4:23:28 pm

Ah ok, got it. Problem though - once I've edited the scene file with the text editor, I can't open it as a scene. I'm on a Mac, and it just turns it into one of those 'nothing' files once I save it.

Is there some sort of suffix I can apply to make Invigorator open it? The original scene file didn't have one when I saved it...

Thanks!

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 20, 2010 at 4:36:47 pm

Hi Nico,

For the file extension, add ".zxp" which stands for Zaxwerks Project.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jul 20, 2010 at 4:51:32 pm

Ah ok, thanks. I can re-open the scene now. Sadly, the approach hasn't made any difference.

I basically need a spaceship to be massive, and be a reasonable distance away from the camera. Here's a project file that demonstrates the problem. It contains a scene that I've already altered (from 10.000 to 100,000 in this case!!)

http://webfilemanager.co.uk/dsf.php?fileid=mqlqmtFD

Any ideas??

Many thanks,

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jul 20, 2010 at 5:02:08 pm

The max camera distance is 30,000 units (which is the same distance as the After Effects cameras), so that's probably why you are not seeing a difference when you set the units to 100,000 units.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jul 20, 2010 at 5:34:02 pm

Thanks for your help Eward! It seems to be working now...despite me doing nothing different from before. Ah well!

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]