FORUMS: list search recent posts

Objects disappearing 'into' each other?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geraint Abbott
Objects disappearing 'into' each other?
on Jun 29, 2010 at 1:36:20 pm

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a title sequence and I'm having a bit of trouble with animating two objects in Invigorator as one.

I have an orange box which is one object, and some text which is another object, both placed into the same object track. The objects are in a composition with an existing camera move, so I'm using the comp camera and animating by setting different object poses. I select all objects in the scene and set an initial object pose like this:

Then I create another object pose down the timeline like this, rotating both objects at once with the 'tumble' tool:

And that's fine, both objects stay positioned together as you'd expect. But the problem comes when the objects animate - the text apparently sinks 'inside' the box during the movement like this:

As you can see, at points two and three in that sequence (not frame by frame, just some random screencaps I grabbed), the text has gone. I assume it's gone inside the box, but it might well be something else that's causing the text to disappear. It doesn't seem to happen when the movement is subtle, only when I'm rotating the objects a significant number of degrees (though I can't work out what the 'tipping point' is between a movement that works and a movement that causes this intersection).

Any ideas how I can fix this? Have I set the objects up wrongly to do this kind of move? Is there some other way of setting up the scene to allow me to rotate the two objects without one of them vanishing?

Any help much appreciated!

[Please note - all opinions and views expressed in the above post are strictly those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of my current or former employers/clients. Thanks.]

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Objects disappearing 'into' each other?
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:18:41 pm

Hi Geraint,

You're most likely running into this issue because your objects are not grouped. To fix this, select the Transition for your animation, then go to the "Transition Grouping" controls and select "Make Hard Group". Then, as your objects are moving they should no longer move into one another.

Hope this helps. If you're still having problems, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Geraint Abbott
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:49:19 pm

Hey, well that seemed to work, thanks very much... just one problem though - once I'd finished updating the animation, the project crashed and I've now got a 'There is a corrupt Zaxwerks project in this file' error whenever I try to open any of the projects I've been working on.

Argh!?

I've tried deleting the Zaxwerks perferences file, but I'm still getting the error.

Any ideas what I can do to fix that? I'm a bit worried that I've just lost two days' worth of work...

Cheers.

[Please note - all opinions and views expressed in the above post are strictly those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of my current or former employers/clients. Thanks.]

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:58:00 pm

Hi Geraint,

You may also be running into a corrupted swatches issue. To fix this, go to the "Documents > Zaxwerks" folder, and delete the ProAnimator folder. Then, try opening your project again and see if that helps.

If you're still having any issues, please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll see if I can open up the project file for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]