FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Qs Duplicate Pose, Straight On Camera

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Coleman
Newbie Qs Duplicate Pose, Straight On Camera
on May 21, 2010 at 6:00:09 pm

How do you copy or duplicate a Pose?
Can I copy a Pose from one track and paste to another?
Can I copy a transition from one track and paste to another?

When setting up a roll, how do I get the camera to face the text head-on (i.e., is there a way to see the camera position and get it to a sort of zero Z, zero X, zero Y, state)?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Newbie Qs Duplicate Pose, Straight On Camera
on May 24, 2010 at 6:35:49 pm

Hi Jeff,

The best way to copy or duplicate a pose/animation is to select the pose you want to copy, then go to the Object Animations menu and select "Save Preset". Then, choose to save only the selected segments. Then, go to where you want to paste the pose/animation on the timeline, and select "Append Preset" from the Object Animations menu, This will paste the selected segments into your timeline. You can use this same technique to copy and paste poses/animations from one track to another.

To set up the camera so that it faces your text head on, go to "Camera Mode", and in the "Views" drop down menu, select "Front". This will have your camera facing your text directly. You can then go to another camera pose and pull the camera out. That will then create the camera roll animation that you are looking for.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
on May 24, 2010 at 7:12:17 pm

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
on Aug 6, 2010 at 10:56:21 pm

"go to where you want to paste the pose/animation on the timeline, and select "Append Preset" from the Object Animations menu"

I go to where I want to paste the pose on the timeline, and select "Append Preset" from the Camera Animations menu, but it doesn't put the pose where I am on the timeline. Instead it puts the pose at the end of the timeline.

Am I doing this correctly?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 6, 2010 at 11:06:57 pm

This is correct.

The append preset does append the preset at the end of your current animation. Sorry for any confusion.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]